|Present||Professor, Boise State University ‐ Department of History|
Honors and Awards
- 2008 - Women Making History Award, Women's Center, Boise State University
- 2010 - Ridgeway Military History Research Grant, U.S. Army Military History Institute
- 2010 - President's Leadership Academy, Boise State University
- 2011 - Samuel P. Hays Research Fellowship, American Society for Environmental History
- 2017 - Foundation Scholar Award ($3,000 honorarium), Boise State University
- United States History
- Themes in World History
- U.S. Civil War and Reconstruction
- North American Environmental History
- Global Environmental History
- Historians and Historical Interpretation
- Sources of Human Traditions: Environmental History
Contributions to Books (7)
Includes book chapters and encyclopedia entries
Contribution to Book
Nature as Friction: Integrating Clausewitz into Environmental Histories of the ...
The Blue, the Gray, and the Green: Toward an Environmental History of the Civil War (2015)
In late December 1862 Union general Ambrose Burnside developed plans to march across the Rappahannock and execute a massive turning ...
Blog Posts (1)
Book Reviews (1)
Curated Exhibits (1)
Includes conference presentations and invited talks
Capitalist Pigs: International Aid Agencies and Agricultural Development in South ...
Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society, Ludwig Maximilian University (2017)
[This talk explored] the ways that organizations such as the United Nations and the U.S. Agency for International Development sought ...