Honors and Awards
- 2012: Research Grant, Whatcom Community Foundation, Bellingham ($5,000); smaller grant awarded in 2011.
- 2011: ADDY award (AAF-ADDY award) for "Our Farms Are at Risk" film, funded and coordinated by The Resilience Institute in conjunction with Hand Crank Films.
- WWU's Huxley College of the Environment Awarded $140,000 USDA Grant to Research Methods to Keep Local Farms Viable. Resilience Institute (2009-2012).
- Ecogast: Art & Science Food (ENVS 110)
- Geography and World Affairs (ENVS 240)
- Research and Writing (ENVS 319)
- Agroecology & Sustainable Agriculture (ENVS 410)
- Agroecology Practicum and Studio (ENVS 411)
- Research and Projects for Environmental Studies (ENVS 501)
WWU Mailstop - 9085
Food and Farm Systems (15)
Stability, Sustainability, and Catastrophe: Applying Resilience Thinking to U.S ...
Research in Human Ecology (2011)
Resilience is closely related to notions of sustainability, but emphasizes unpredictable, dynamic environments. As conceptualized in engineering, hazards management, and ...
Commentary on the Challenge to Change: Participatory Research and Professional ...
Society & Natural Resources: An International Journal (2002)
This commentary outlines traditions of participatory research, and what they imply for professional identity. Participatory methods are not meant to ...
Native American Studies and Tribal Education (4)
Science and Culture in a Curriculum for Tribal Environmental Management ...
American Indian Culture and Research Journal (2002)
This paper discusses an innovative interdisciplinary two-year environmental studies program funded by the National Science Foundation (NFS). The authors describe ...