|Present||Assistant Professor, Utah State University ‐ Teacher Education and Leadership|
Honors and Awards
- 2008 - American Educational Research Association: Research in Social Studies Education Outstanding Paper Award for paper entitled, “The New 'International Education' Movement in U.S. Schools: Civic and Capital Intents, Local and Global Affinities”
- 2008-2009 - Award of $12,000 by Utah State University for research examining exemplary elementary teachers who integrate global, multicultural, and civic education in their curriculum
- 2005-2006 - Award of $15,000 by the Washington State Office of the Superintendent of Public Instruction for research examining the Washington Civil Liberties Public Education Program
- ELED Seminar: Methods of cooperative learning
- ELED 4050: Undergraduate course on methods of instruction for social studies education
- EDUC 6770: Doctoral course on qualitative methods
- EDUC 7300: Doctoral course on historical, cultural, and social foundations of education
- TEAL 6800: Graduate course on innovations in social studies education in elementary and secondary classrooms
2805 Old Main Hill
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-2805
390 Education Building
Deliberating Immigration Policy: Locating Instructional Materials within Global and Multicultural ...
Theory and Research in Social Education (2007)
A brief narrative description of the journal article, document, or resource. Numerous theorists have identified a need for students to ...
Prejudice Reduction through Multicultural Education: Connecting Multiple Literatures
Social Studies Research and Practice (2007)
Banks (1994) names prejudice reduction as one of five dimensions of multicultural education. Although children develop prejudicial beliefs, attitudes, and ...