|June 2005 - Present||Dancap Private Equity Professor of Consumer Behavior, Western University ‐ DAN Management and Organizational Studies|
|Present||Dancap Professor of Consumer Behavior, Western University|
Honors and Awards
- USC (University Students’ Council) Undergraduate Teaching Honor Roll (2012-2013)
- Most Downloaded Papers of 30 years of the International Marketing Review
- Top-10 Reviewer Award (for 2008-2010), the International Marketing Review
- Best Reviewer Award, 2010 Global Marketing Conference at Tokyo
- Dancap Private Equity Professorship in Consumer Behavior
- Benjamin Franklin Parr Fellowship (Awarded June 2008, renewed February 2011, renewed February 2014)
- 2007 Joe Kelly Graduate Award for Best PhD Thesis
- Dancap Private Equity Faculty Fellowship
- 2006 Best Paper Award for the International Journal of Advertising
- Valedictorian, 2006 Fall Convocation, Concordia University
- 2006 Emerald Literati Network Awards of Excellence (Highly Commended Paper Award)
- Annual CGSA [Concordia Graduate Student’s Association] Award (2004)
- Humberto Santos Doctoral Fellowship (October 2002)
- AASCB’s Beta Gamma Sigma Honour Society (MSc: December 2001, PhD: September 2006)
- Fonds F.C.A.R. Doctoral Scholarship (September 2000-September 2003)
- Concordia University Graduate Fellowship (September 2000-September 2003)
- Concordia University External Grant Holder Award (September 2000-September 2003)
- Finalist: 2007 Prix d’excellence de l’Académie des Grands Montréalais / Award of Excellence of the Academy of Great Montrealers (June 2007)
- Highly Commended Paper of 2014, International Marketing Review
- COMMMGT 9320a/b-Marketing Management (Graduate)
- MOS 4423F/G-Seminar in Consumer Research
- MOS 3420F/G-Marketing Research
- MOS 3321F/G-Consumer Behavior
|September 2000 - September 2006||PhD, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|September 1998 - May 2000||MSc, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada ‐ marketing|
|September 1990 - May 1994||BComm, Concordia University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada ‐ international business|
Social Science Centre 3216
The University of Western Ontario
Individualism-Collectivism and the Quantity versus Quality Dimensions of Individual and ...
Journal of Business Research (2015)
ABSTRACTUsing experiments, this research examines the effects of individualism-collectivism (I-C) on creative performance in solitary and group brainstorming contexts. Affirming ...
Globalization, Culture, Religion, and Values: Comparing Consumption Patterns of Lebanese ...
Journal of Business Research (2013)
Understanding the differential impact of globalization on culture—the most profound shaper of consumption—is fundamentally important. This research examines the linkages ...
Cosmopolitanism, Individual-level Values and Cultural-level Values: A Cross-cultural Study
Journal of Business Research (2011)
Cosmopolitanism (COS) is an important consumer characteristic for international market segmentation. To date, no empirical studies investigate how COS relates ...
Cosmopolitanism, Consumer Ethnocentrism, and Materialism: An Eight-Country Study of Antecedents ...
Journal of International Marketing (2009)
Although there is a consensus that industries are globalizing, the notion that consumer attitudes and behaviors worldwide are likewise homogenizing ...
Competitive Advertising Interference and Ad Repetition Effects: Comparing High-share and ...
International Journal of Advertising (2006)
This empirical study brings together prior research on competitive advertising effects from two perspectives: ad repetition and brand familiarity. Specifically, ...