|February 2022 - Present||Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, Molloy University ‐ President's Cabinet|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2019 - Present||Diversity Scholar, Diversity Scholars Network, National Center for Institional Diversity, University of Michigan|
Honors and Awards
- 2022 Long Island 40 Under 40 Honoree, Blank Slate Media
- 2020 Emerging Scholar, Diverse: Issues in Higher Education Emerging Scholar
- 2018 Dr. Charles Eberly Oracle Award, Association for Fraternity/Sorority Advisors
- 2016 McGraw Hill Distinguished Scholar Award, Ethnographic & Qualitative Research Conference
- 2015 Emerging Scholar Award, American College Personnel Association
- 2014 Dr. Carlos J. Vallejo Memorial Award for Emerging Scholarship, Multicultural/Multiethnic Education Special Interest Group, American Educational Research Association
- 2014 Outstanding Research Award, Men and Masculinities Standing Committee, American College Personnel Association
- 2014 Outstanding Young Alumnus Award, UNCF and Shaw University
- 2013 MCPA John Zaugra Outstanding Research/Publication Award, Michigan College Personnel Association
- Honorable Mention, 2013 "Outstanding Doctoral Research Award Competition," American Association of Blacks in Higher Education
- 2012 Richard McKaig Outstanding Doctoral Research Award, Center for the Study of the College Fraternity and the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors
|September 2007 - February 2012||PhD, educational policy and administration; higher education, University of Minnesota-Twin Cities|
|August 2006 - July 2007||MS, educational leadership, Minnesota State University, Mankato|
|August 2002 - May 2006||BS, chemistry, Shaw University|
1000 Hempstead Avenue
PO Box 5002
Rockville Centre, NY 11571
Edited Books (3)
Refereed Journal Articles (32)
Going in Thinking Process, Coming Out Transformed: Reflections and Recommendations ...
Social Sciences and Humanities Open (2020)
This article presents reflections and suggestions of an instructor and students from a doctoral-level qualitative research course. Given qualitative research ...
An Investigation of High-Achieving African-American Students Attending Community Colleges: A ...
Community College Journal of Research and Practice (2018)
While much more research has been conducted about African-American college students in recent decades, there still exists a need for ...
Exploring the Relationship Between Campus Climate and Minority Stress in ...
Journal Committed to Social Change on Race and Ethnicity (2018)
During recent decades, there has been a growth in research exploring the social experiences of African American students attending institutions ...
How High-Impact Practices Influence Academic Achievement for African American College ...
Journal Committed to Social Change on Race and Ethnicity (2017)
Utilizing data from seven four-year public institutions in the United States, this study employed chi-square test for independence and a ...
Intersectional Value? A Pilot Study Exploring Educational Outcomes for African ...
Oracle: The Research Journal of the Association of Fraternity/Sorority Advisors (2017)
The purpose of this pilot study was to initially explore if there is value added in terms of educational outcomes ...
Addressing Perceived Skill Deficiencies in Student Affairs Graduate Preparation Programs
Journal of Student Affairs Research and Practice (2016)
This article explores existing literature on perceived skill deficiencies among entry-level student affairs practitioners. Through a review of recent literature, ...
Friendships and Retention at a Historically Black University: A Quantitative ...
Journal of Research Initiatives (2016)
The retention and graduation rates of underrepresented minority, first-generation and low-income college students persist as problems in U.S. higher education. ...
Racial Positionalities, Professional Development, and a Master’s Study Abroad ...
College Student Affairs Journal (2016)
Racial/ethnic demographics are shifting in the United States. Subsequently, higher education institutions are becoming more racially and ethnically diverse. Given ...
"Quadruple Consciousness”: A Literature Review and New Theoretical Consideration for ...
Journal of African American Males in Education (2014)
This article synthesizes literature on Black gay and bisexual college men and introduces a new theoretical consideration for understanding the ...