|Present||Professor, Department of Modern and Classical Languages, Western Washington University ‐ Department of Modern and Classical Languages|
Honors and Awards
- Fulbright Scholar Award - Lecturing, Catholic University of Asunción, Paraguay (June-December, 2001)
- Fulbright Scholar Award - Lecturing/Research, Catholic University of Asunción, Paraguay (July-December, 1995)
- Pacific Northwest Council on Foreign Language Teaching - Teacher of the Year, postsecondary; 1993
- Washington Association of Foreign Language Teachers - Continuing Service Award; 1992
- Western Washington University - Professional Leave Spring 2007, Fall 2006, Fall 2002, Winter 1998, Fall 1997, Fall 1996
- Western Washington University - Award for Innovative Excellence in Teaching, Learning and Technology, 1999
- Western Washington University - Summer Research Award, $3,500.00, 1996
- Western Washington University - Grant-in-Aid, $1,500.00; Fall, 1996
- Western Washington University - Faculty Development Grant, oral proficiency interview training; Spring, 1988
- Linguistics 204 - Sociolinguistics
- Linguistics 402 - Language Attitudes
- Español 314 - Fonética y fonología
- Español 401 - Gramática avanzada
- TESL 410 - English Applied Linguistics
Office: Humanitites 249
Linguistic Demography and Attitudinal Dimensions of Intergenerational Transmission of Guaraní ...
Southwest Journal of Linguistics (2011)
Language data from the 2002 Paraguayan census ate analyzed in order to determine differential patterns of intergenerational transmission of Guaraní ...
Contributions to Books (15)
Contribution to Book
Humanistic Aspirations and Technical Barriers: The Early Stages of Language ...
Memory, History and Critique. European Identity at the Millenium. Proceedings of the 6th International ISSEI Conference at the University for Humanist Studies, Utrecht, The Netherlands, August 1996 (1996)