|Present||Associate Dean of Research, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences|
|Present||Professor of Sociology, University of Massachusetts Amherst|
|Present||University of Massachusetts Amherst, University of Massachusetts Amherst|
Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Teacher Award Nomination, University of Massachusetts, 2012-13
- Social & Behavioral Sciences Research Grant, 2013 ($12,000)
- Primary Investigator, National Science Foundation Grant SES-0751505, ($160,000)
- Humboldt Research Fellowship, The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation, 2010-2011
- Faculty Research Grant, 2010 ($14,550)
- UConn Research Grant, 2010 ($1500 with Mary Fischer and Thomas Cooke)
- Fellowship in Family Research for Research Assistant Zhun Xu, Center for Research on Families, ($10,000) 2010-11.
- First Place Award for conference paper, Child Health Epidemiology Program. 2009.
- Co-PI (with Joya Misra), Mellon Foundation and MSP grant, Caregiver Equity Study Survey, 2008-09 (awarded RA funding)
- Fellowship, Lilly Teaching Fellows Program, 2008-09
- Fellowship, Center for Research on the Family, 2006-2007
- Faculty Research Grant, 2005 ($7,085)