|Present||Professor and Associate Chair, Boise State University ‐ Department of Special Education & Early Childhood Studies|
Honors and Awards
- Boise State University Foundation Scholar Research/Creative Activity Award Finalist - 2011
- Reviewer, Exceptional Children
- 2006 Distinguished S.E.A.T. Fellow, the Special Education Assistive Technology (S.E.A.T.) Center
- 2005 President's Research and Scholarship Award
- ED-SPED 250: Exceptionality in the Schools
- ED-SPED 358: Students Severe Disabilities
Special Educators and Mathematics Phobia: An Initial Qualitative Investigation
The Clearing House: A Journal of Educational Strategies, Issues and Ideas (2009)
Special educators are uniquely challenged to be content experts in all curricular areas, including mathematics, since students in their case ...
Special Education Professionals and Assistive Technology: Requirements for Preparation in ...
Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals (2007)
This article presents contextual background for the preparation of teachers to effectively use assistive technology (AT) with students with disabilities. ...
A History of Augmentative and Alternative Communication for Individuals with ...
Focus on Autism and Other Developmental Disabilities (2004)
Augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) is a prominent component in the development of support services for individuals with disabilities, especially ...
Providing Assistive Technology Information to Professionals and Families of Children ...
Education and Training in Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities (2001)
This article discusses the assistive technology training needs of families and provides an overview of the instructional CD-ROM, "Families, Cultures, ...