|Present||Affiliated Faculty, Western Washington University ‐ Institute of Energy Studies, Huxley College of the Environment|
|Present||Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Western Washington University ‐ Department of Chemistry|
Honors and Awards
- Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award, 2014
- National Science Foundation Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, 2012
- National Institutes of Health Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA), 2012
- Organic Lecture and Laboratory sequence (CHEM 351-355
- Natural Products Chemistry (CHEM 425a)
- Organic Reactions (CHEM 425b)
- Molecular Orbital (FMO) Theory to Aldol reactions and Olefin Metathesis. Biofuels (CHEM/ENRG 397)
Phone: (360) 650-6283
Fax: (360) 650-2826
Alternate email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Experimental Protocol for Biodiesel Production with Isolation of Alkenones as ...
JoVE - Journal of Visualized Experiments (2016)
The need to replace petroleum fuels with alternatives from renewable and more environmentally sustainable sources is of growing importance. Biomass-derived ...
Addition/Elimination Reactions of Ethylsulfonyl Pyridines: Stereoselective Synthesis of Vinylpyridine ...
Tetrahedron Letters (2013)
2-(Phenylsulfonyl)ethyl pyridines can be coupled with aldehydes leading directly to sulfone-eliminated vinylpyridine allylic alcohols. These products are obtained in good ...
Stereocontrolled Synthesis of 1,3-Diols from Enones: Cooperative Lewis Base-Mediated ...
The Journal of Organic Chemistry (2013)
A streamlined synthesis of β-hydroxy ketone substrates has been developed to further investigate a recently discovered cooperative Lewis base-mediated intramolecular ...