|Present||RN, PhD, ANEF, FAAN, Boise State University|
|Present||Professor, Boise State University ‐ School of Nursing|
Honors and Awards
- 2013 - Book of the Year Award for Professional Issues in Nursing, American Journal of Nursing, for "Creating and Sustaining Civility in Nursing Education"
- 2013 - Christine A. Tanner Scholarly Writing Award, Journal of Nursing Education (with L. Olender, C. Cardoni, and D. Kenski) for "Exploring and Addressing Faculty-to-Faculty Incivility: A National Perspective and Literature Review"
- 2011 - National League for Nursing Award for Excellence in Nursing Education Research
- 2011 - Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing
- 2009 - Fellow of the National League for Nurses Academy of Nurse Educators
- 2009 - Recipient of the March of Dimes Nursing Excellence Award
- 2008 - Nominated for inclusion in 2008-2009 Cambridge Who’s Who Among Executives and Professional Women in Nursing and Healthcare
- 2007 - Recipient of the College of Health Science Faculty Research Initiative Award
- Leadership and Management in Health Care
- Professional Concepts of Care in Health Care Delivery
- Adolescent Mental Health
Office: Norco 316, Boise State University, Boise, ID 83725
Phone: (208) 426-3589
Development and Description of the Organizational Civility Scale (OCS)
Journal of Theory Construction & Testing (2013)
Workplace incivility is a challenging problem for individuals and organizations resulting in employee absenteeism, psychological distress, physical disease, job dissatisfaction, ...