Some readers may know I am a professor in the School of Nursing at Boise State University. In June 2010, an article I co-authored with one of my nursing students, titled “What students can do to promote civility,” was published in Reflections on Nursing Leadership (RNL) as part of a five-part series on civility. As I mentioned in the first installment of this present series, nursing students are our promise and our hope. They are the Jedi Knights who will lead our noble profession to a bright future where personal and organizational civility reign. To frame this article, I have developed the Five RITES of Civility:
- Raise awareness and expose effects of incivility.
- Inspire action and catalyze change.
- Take responsibility for creating civility.
- Engage and commit to personal and organizational change.
- Sustain results and generate more change.
Available at: http://works.bepress.com/cynthia_clark/38/