|Present||Wilkinson Professor of Interdisciplinary Engineering, Iowa State University|
|Present||Chair, Materials Science and Engineering, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Materials Science and Engineering|
|Present||Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Materials Science and Engineering|
Honors and Awards
- Wilkinson Professor of Interdisciplinary Engineering, 2012
- Women Impacting ISU Recipient, 2008
- Nominated by Interfraternity Council for Professor of the Year, 2007
- WELI (Women in Engineering Leadership Institute) Selected Program Participant 2005
- MSE Excellence in Teaching Award, April 2004
- Administrative Internship Program with the Office of the Provost, Jun 04- Aug 05
- SLIC (Shared Leadership for Institutional Change) Selected Program Participant 2000
- ISU Engineering College Advisor of the Year Award, 2000
- Wakonse (Teaching Excellence – Conference on College Teaching) Fellow Award, 1998
- Engineering Student Council Outstanding Engineering Professor for MSE, 1997
- ISU University Foundation Award for Early Achievement in Teaching, 1997
- Engineering Student Council Outstanding Engineering Professor for MSE, 1996
- Mat E 321, Introduction to Ceramic Science
- Engr. 101, Engineering Orientation for Mat E, R,
- Mat E 201, MSE Professional Planning
528 Bissell Rd
Ames, IA 50011-2300
Peer-Reviewed Articles (17)
Fabrication of submicron metallic grids with interference and phase-mask holography
Journal of Micro/Nanolithography, MEMS, and MOEMS (2011)
Complex, submicron Cu metallic mesh nanostructures are made by electrochemical deposition using polymer templates made from photoresist. The polymer templates ...
A Regenerable Calcium-Based Core-in-Shell Sorbent for Desulfurizing Hot Coal Gas
Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research (2002)
A regenerable calcium-based sorbent was prepared by pelletizing either powdered limestone or calcium sulfate hemihydrate and then coating the pellets ...
Conference Proceedings (10)
Interactive Panel on Advocacy Tips: an Initiative to Provide Individuals ...
Materials Science and Engineering Conference Papers, Posters and Presentations (2014)
Research and recommendations have shown that advancements within a minority group benefit greatly from majority group involvement. With this philosophy ...
Recognizing, Characterizing, and "Unsettling" Unintended Bias in the Faculty Search ...
Materials Science and Engineering Conference Papers, Posters and Presentations (2009)
Faculty searches are one of the most critical activities undertaken with regards to shaping the future of a department, college ...
Advancing Women Faculty in Engineering through Institutional Transformation: The Iowa ...
Materials Science and Engineering Conference Papers, Posters and Presentations (2008)
The goal of the ISU ADVANCE program is to investigate the effectiveness of a multilevel collaborative effort to produce institutional ...
Tailorable polymer waveguides for miniaturized bio-photonic devices via two-polymer microtransfer ...
Proceedings of SPIE (2006)
Traditional optical fibers have been developed to achieve novel characteristics for both macro- and micro-applications. Inorganic optical waveguides using two-dimensional ...