Honors and Awards
- 2011/2012 - Foundation Scholar Award in Teaching, Boise State University
- 2007 - Idaho Professor of the Year, Carnegie Foundation
- 2006 - Tenured Teaching Award, College of Social Sciences and Public Affairs, Boise State University
- COMM 101: Fundamentals of Communication
- COMM 221: Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 231: Public Speaking
- COMM 297/497/506: Gender in Film
- COMM 390: Conflict Management
- COMM 471: Advanced Interpersonal Communication
- COMM 483: Communication in the Workplace
- COMM 497/506: Ethnography
- COMM 497/506: Communicating in Friendship
- COMM 498: Senior Seminar
- COMM 506: Relational Development, Maintenance, and Decline
- COMM 581: Teaching and Training in Interpersonal Communication
Contributions to Books (5)
Contribution to Book
"I Like You... as a Friend": The Role of Attraction ...
The Curious Reader: Exploring Personal and Academic Inquiry (2006)
This study investigated attraction in heterosexual cross-sex friendships. Study I used in-depth interviews with 20 dyads (40 participants) to uncover ...
Conference Proceedings (2)
Contribution to Book
Integrating Professional Skills and Leadership into an Undergraduate Engineering Program
ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Conference Proceedings (2020)
Research and practical experience indicate that leadership and “people skills” play an important role in the success of organizations and ...
Perceptions About Women in Science and Engineering History
Proceedings of the 2012 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference & Expo (2012)
This study investigated college students' perceptions about the contributions of women to the history of science, technology, engineering and mathematics ...
Online Media (2)
Includes podcasts and interviews
Conference Presentations (5)
From ‘Violating the Silence’ to ‘Mothers of Invention’: Performing Collaboration ...
Performance Studies Division, 96th Annual Convention of the National Communication Association (2010)
Showcasing relational and collaborative dimensions of performance work, from co-authorship and mentorship to stage direction and critique, this panel brings ...