|Present||Associate Professor, Department of Architecture, University of Massachusetts Amherst|
Honors and Awards
- 2018 PROSE Award Honorable Mention: The Designer’s Field Guide to Collaboration
- 2017 First Prize, Building Technology Educator’s Society Book Award: The Designer’s Field Guide to Collaboration
- 2016 Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture and the American Institute of Architects - ACSA/AIA Practice and Leadership Award
- 2013 NCARB Award for the Integration of Practice and Education
- 2013 AIA New England Citation Award for Design Excellence: EcoBuilding Bargains
- 2012 Western Massachusetts AIA Merit Award: EcoBuilding Bargains
Design Building 324
University of Massachusetts Amherst
Amherst, MA. 01003
Books, Book Chapters (4)
Journal Articles (6)
Conference Proceedings (21)
Communal Provisioning and Community Abundance: Operationalizing Jewish Concepts of Gleaning
Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture (ACSA) (2023)
Each year, more than 10% of the U.S. population experiences food insecurity. Historically, many faith-based organizations have focused on alleviating hunger ...
Pandemic Appropriations of Urban Space: Implications for Future Practice
Proceedings of the Fábos Conference on Landscape and Greenway Planning (2022)
The global COVID-19 pandemic radically interrupted access to, and use of, the social, cultural, economic, and recreational venues that Americans ...
Constructing Relationships: Examining Project Structures to Align Design Conception and ...
Proceedings: Poetics and Pragmatism, ©2017, Building Technology Educators’ Society (2017)
As the profession develops ever more collaborative project structures and delivery models, it is necessary to consider how the ultimate ...
Foraging for the Curriculum: Sourcing Local Projects for an Integrated ...
2015 Building Technology Educators Society Conference Proceedings (2015)
Historically, the profession has relied on the period of architectural internship to enable graduates to integrate professional practice issues into ...
Intern architects in the academy: preparing for future practice
Future of Architectural Research Proceedings of the 2015 ARCC Conference (2015)
In the summer of 2014, the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB) announced its intention to provide a structured ...