|Present||Assistant Professor, Department of Counselor Education, San Jose State University|
|2011 - 2012||Counseling and Educational Psychology Research Fellowship|
|Department of Counseling and Educational Psychology, Indiana University Bloomington|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2011 - 2013||Associate Editor, Up Close & Personal Section, Diversity Factor, Newsletter, Society of Ethnic & Racial Diversity (Division 17) of American Psychological Association||2011 - 2012||Student Representative, Student Affiliates of Seventeen (SAS), American Psychological Association, Division 17, Society of Counseling Psychology||2011 - 2012||Student Representative, Search Committee for new Counseling Psychology Program Training Director, Indiana University||2010 - 2012||President, Counseling Psychology Student Organization (CPSO), Indiana University Bloomington|
Honors and Awards
- Outstanding Associate Instructor Award – School of Education, Indiana University Bloomington – 2012
- Graduate Student of the Month, Research – Graduate Student and Professional Organization (GPSO), Indiana University Bloomington – 2012
- Paul Munger Award – Counseling Psychology Program, Indiana University Bloomington – 2012
- Commission of Multicultural Understanding (COMU) Graduate Student Award – Indiana University Bloomington – 2012
- Supervised Fieldwork in Counseling (EDCO 292)
- Seminar in Professional Counseling: Psychopharmacology for Counselors (EDCO 289)
- Advanced Counseling Theories & Techniques (EDCO 288)
- Trauma Counseling & Crisis Intervention (EDCO 285)
- Law & Ethics in Counseling (EDCO 232)
- Research Seminar in Counselor Education (EDCO 221)
- Child Development (CHAD 060)
|2014||Ph.D., Indiana University - Bloomington ‐ Counseling Psychology|
|2009||M.A., California State University, Sacramento ‐ Psychology|
|2006||B.S., University of California, Davis ‐ Psychology|
|2006||B.A., University of California, Davis ‐ Dramatic Art|
Peer-Reviewed Publications (15)
Correlates of Asian American emerging adults’ perceived parent-child cultural orientations ...
Asian American Journal of Psychology (2016)
This study focused on how Asian Americans’ perceived parent-child cultural orientations were related to family conflicts, psychological distress, and life ...
Feelings About Culture Scales: Development, factor structure, reliability, and validity
Cultural Diversity & Ethnic Minority Psychology (2014)
Although measures of cultural identity, values, and behavior exist in the multicultural psychological literature, there is currently no measure that ...
Feeling Unsafe at School: Southeast Asian American Adolescents’ Perceptions and ...
Journal of Southeast Asian American Education and Advancement
School safety impacts mental health and educational attainment particularly among vulnerable populations such as refugee youth. Using data from the ...