|2006 - Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Professions, Waters College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Health Sciences and Kinesiology, Department of|
|Present||Director of the Physical Activity Healthful Living Program, Georgia Southern University|
Honors and Awards
- College Faculty Research Award, College of Health and Human Sciences, Georgia Southern University. Scholarship/Research (2011)
- Outstanding Oral Presentation for 2010 AAAHPERD Conference, American Health Education Association, Scholarship/Research. (2010)
- Faculty Advocate for First Year Students, First Year Experience, Teaching. (2010)
- GAHPERD Physical Educator of the Year, Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, Scholarship/Research (2009)
- Featured Faculty, Center for Excellence and Teaching, Teaching (2007)
- Hlth Educ Program Planning I
- Hlth Educ Program Planning II
- Found of Health Education
- Peer Health Educ Training
- Substance Use and Abuse
- Behav Approaches to Hlth Prog
- Sexuality Education
- Facilitating Hlth Programs
- Promotional Strat Hlth Prg
- Healthful Living.
- Healthful Living (Honors)
- Safety Princ/First Aid
- Aerobics Cross Training
- Body Conditioning
- Swimming: Aqua Aerobics
- Swimming: Beginner, Fitness, Intermediate
- Lifeguard Training
- Triathlon Training
- Water Safety Instruction
- Hum A & P II Lab
- First-Year Sem/Univ Orientation
Department of Health and Kinesiology
Georgia Southern University
Statesboro, Georgia 30460-8076
Phone: (912) 478-1973
Published, Peer-Reviewed Articles (29)
(x) Physical Activity and Muscular Strengthening in Pregnancy: A Comparison ...
Online Journal of Rural Nursing and Health Care (2013)
Though known to improve pregnancy outcomes, physical activity generally decreases through pregnancy. Though some research has shown rural American women ...
The Measurement of Self-Efficacy in Pregnant Women: Validation of the ...
Journal of Nursing Measurement (2013)
Background and Purpose: This study assessed the psychometric properties of a modified self-efficacy scale—the Pregnancy-Exercise Self-Efficacy Scale (P-ESES). Methods: Pregnant ...
Comparison of Obesity, Overweight, and Nutritional Patterns of Southeastern College ...
Journal of Georgia Association of Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance (2011)
On the national level, obesity is one of the most pervasive public health problems in the United States (Menifield, Doty, ...