|2016 - Present||Associate Professor, East Tennessee State University ‐ Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health|
|2010 - 2015||Assistant Professor, East Tennessee State University ‐ Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health|
|2008 - 2010||Statistician, University of Iowa ‐ Department of Family Medicine|
|2006 - 2008||Biostatistical Consultant, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center ‐ Psychiatry Department|
|2005 - 2006||Teaching Assistant, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2003 - 2005||Statistician, University of Alabama, Birmingham ‐ Division of Continuing Medical Education|
|2001 - 2002||Data Analyst, University of Alabama, Birmingham ‐ Injury Control Research Center|
|2014 - 2016||Distal Radius Bone Mineral Density (BMD): Diagnosis and Follow-up of Male Patients with Osteoporosis|
|TBR Diversity Research Grants|
|2014 - 2015||Characterization of the metabolic profile of Hispanic at-risk pediatric population in Northeast Tennessee|
|TBR Diversity Research Grants|
|2013 - 2014||Moments of Matrix Variate Skew Elliptical|
|ETSU Research Development Committee|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Member, American Statistical Association|
Honors and Awards
- 2013 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 3rd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2014 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as a Co-Author
- 2015 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2016 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2016 - Foundation Teaching Award, College of Public Health ETSU
- 2017 - Nominate to University Level Distinguished Teaching Faculty Awards
- BSTA 5390 - Survival Analysis in Public Health
- BSTA 5350 - Biostatistics II
- BSTA 5310 - Biostatistics I
- BSTA 5370 - Categorical Data Analysis
- BSTA 5380 - SAS Programming with Statist Applications
- BSTA 6410 - Advanced Multivariate Analysis
- EPID 5029 - Graduate Research
- EPID 6420 - Applied Epidemiologic Analysis
|2005||MS, Mathematics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2003||PhD, Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2001||MS, Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
PO Box 70259
Johnson City, TN 37614
Office: Lamb Hall 46B
Trends and Determinants of Up-to-date Status with Colorectal Cancer Screening ...
International Journal of Preventive Medicine (2014)
BACKGROUND: Screening rates for colorectal cancer (CRC) are increasing nationwide including Tennessee (TN); however, their up-to-date status is unknown. The ...
Associations of Smoking Status and Serious Psychological Distress with Chronic ...
International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction (2013)
Background: Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) has been a major public health problem due to its high prevalence, morbidity, and ...
Predictors of Treatments Acceptable to Patients for Late-Life Depression
The Scientific World Journal (2013)
Objectives. Describe older patients’ perceptions about depression and characteristics associated with acceptance of treatments. Design. Cross-sectional study. Setting. Three primary ...
Stochastic Representations of the Matrix Variate Skew Elliptically Contoured Distributions
Advances and Applications in Statistics (2013)
Matrix variate skew elliptically contoured distributions generalize several classes of important distributions. This paper defines and explores matrix variate skew ...