|2016 - Present||Associate Professor, East Tennessee State University ‐ Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health|
|2010 - 2015||Assistant Professor, East Tennessee State University ‐ Biostatistics and Epidemiology, College of Public Health|
|2008 - 2010||Statistician, University of Iowa ‐ Department of Family Medicine|
|2006 - 2008||Biostatistical Consultant, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center ‐ Psychiatry Department|
|2005 - 2006||Teaching Assistant, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2003 - 2005||Statistician, University of Alabama, Birmingham ‐ Division of Continuing Medical Education|
|2001 - 2002||Data Analyst, University of Alabama, Birmingham ‐ Injury Control Research Center|
|2014 - 2016||Distal Radius Bone Mineral Density (BMD): Diagnosis and Follow-up of Male Patients with Osteoporosis|
|TBR Diversity Research Grants|
|2014 - 2015||Characterization of the metabolic profile of Hispanic at-risk pediatric population in Northeast Tennessee|
|TBR Diversity Research Grants|
|2013 - 2014||Moments of Matrix Variate Skew Elliptical|
|ETSU Research Development Committee|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2013 - Present||Member, University High Performance Computer Cluster Advisory Committee||2012 - Present||Member, ETSU Institute for Quantitative Biology Committee||Present||Member, American Statistical Association|
Honors and Awards
- 2013 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 3rd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2014 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as a Co-Author
- 2015 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2016 - Appalachian Student Research Forum, 2nd Prize as Sponsoring Faculty
- 2016 - Foundation Teaching Award, College of Public Health ETSU
- 2017 - Nominate to University Level Distinguished Teaching Faculty Awards
- BSTA 5390 - Survival Analysis in Public Health
- BSTA 5350 - Biostatistics II
- BSTA 5310 - Biostatistics I
- BSTA 5370 - Categorical Data Analysis
- BSTA 5380 - SAS Programming with Statist Applications
- BSTA 6410 - Advanced Multivariate Analysis
- EPID 5029 - Graduate Research
- EPID 6420 - Applied Epidemiologic Analysis
|2005||MS, Mathematics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2003||PhD, Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
|2001||MS, Biostatistics, University of Alabama, Birmingham|
PO Box 70259
Johnson City, TN 37614
Office: Lamb Hall 46B
Random Regression Models Based On The Elliptically Contoured Distribution Assumptions ...
Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods (2003)
We generalize Lyles et al.’s (2000) random regression models for longitudinal data, accounting for both undetectable values and informative drop-outs ...
The Relationship between Quality Improvement and Health Information Technology Use ...
Frontiers in Public Health Services and Systems Research
This research examined if there is a relationship between engagement in quality improvement (QI) and health information technology (HIT) for ...
Association Between Heavy Alcohol Consumption and Coronary Heart Disease Among ...
Appalachian Student Research Forum (2017)
Background: Significant evidence exists about J-shaped relationship between alcohol consumption and total or cardiovascular disease (CVD)-specific mortality in US middleaged ...