|Present||Professor, Utah State University ‐ Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education|
Honors and Awards
- Editor’s Award for the article of highest merit, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (1999, 2009)
- Haydn Williams Fellow, Curtin University - School of Psychology (2009)
- Bill E. Robins Award for Utah State University Researcher of the Year (2009)
- Scholar/Researcher of the Year, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, Utah State University (2009)
- Research Award, Department of Communication Disorders and Deaf Education, Utah State University (2007, 2009)
- Dads Association Centennial Teaching Fellowship, The University of Texas at Austin (2005)
- Fellow, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2000)
- Research Award, College of Communication, The University of Texas at Austin (1993, 1999)
- Innovative Instructional Technology Award, The University of Texas at Austin (1999)
- Dean's Excellence Award, College of Communication, The University of Texas at Austin (1999)
- Advisor Honors, Executive Council of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (1991)
Phone: (435) 797-1704
Fax: (435) 797-0221
Office Location: LILYWH 105
The Effects of Literate Narrative Intervention on Children with Neurologically-Based ...
Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research (2010)
Purpose: This study investigated the effect of a literate narrative intervention on the macrostructural and microstructural language features of the ...
The Expressive Elaboration of Imaginative Narratives by Children with Specific ...
Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research (2009)
Purpose: This study investigated the expressive elaboration of narratives from children with specific language impairment (SLI). Method: Forty-eight 6- and ...
Emerging Procedures in Narrative Assessment: The Index of Narrative Complexity
Topics in Language Disorders (2008)
This article summarizes norm-referenced and criterion-referenced measures of narration and introduces a new criterion-referenced narrative scoring system called the Index ...
Language Intervention Practices with School-Age Children with Spoken Language Disorders ...
Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools. (2008)
Purpose: This systematic review focuses on peer-reviewed articles published since 1985 that assess the outcomes of language intervention practices for ...
Consulting the Evidence to Provide Treatment for a Preschooler with ...
Perspectives on Language Learning and Education, Division 1 (2007)
Most school-based speech-language pathologists (SLPs) who work with preschool children will provide treatment for moderate to severe phonological impairments (Shewan, ...
Dynamic Assessment of School-Age Children’s Narrative Ability: An Investigation ...
Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research (2006)
Two experiments examined reliability and classification accuracy of a narration-based dynamic assessment task. PURPOSE: The first experiment evaluated whether parallel ...