|Present||Professor, Utah State University ‐ Communicative Disorders and Deaf Education|
Honors and Awards
- Editor’s Award for the article of highest merit, Journal of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research (1999, 2009)
- Haydn Williams Fellow, Curtin University - School of Psychology (2009)
- Bill E. Robins Award for Utah State University Researcher of the Year (2009)
- Scholar/Researcher of the Year, Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, Utah State University (2009)
- Research Award, Department of Communication Disorders and Deaf Education, Utah State University (2007, 2009)
- Dads Association Centennial Teaching Fellowship, The University of Texas at Austin (2005)
- Fellow, American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (2000)
- Research Award, College of Communication, The University of Texas at Austin (1993, 1999)
- Innovative Instructional Technology Award, The University of Texas at Austin (1999)
- Dean's Excellence Award, College of Communication, The University of Texas at Austin (1999)
- Advisor Honors, Executive Council of the National Student Speech-Language-Hearing Association (1991)
Phone: (435) 797-1704
Fax: (435) 797-0221
Office Location: LILYWH 105
A Preliminary Investigation of the Effect of Acceptance and Commitment ...
Journal of Contextual Behavioral Science (2020)
Clinical perfectionism is associated with various cognitive processes including performance monitoring and emotion regulation. This exploratory study analyzed neurological data ...
Language Sample Measures andLanguage Ability in Spanish English Bilingual Kindergarteners
Journal of Communication Disorders (2010)
Measures of productivity and sentence organization are useful metrics for quantifying language development and language impairments in monolingual and bilingual ...
The Effects of Literate Narrative Intervention on Children with Neurologically-Based ...
Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research (2010)
Purpose: This study investigated the effect of a literate narrative intervention on the macrostructural and microstructural language features of the ...
The Expressive Elaboration of Imaginative Narratives by Children with Specific ...
Journal of Speech, Language, Hearing Research (2009)
Purpose: This study investigated the expressive elaboration of narratives from children with specific language impairment (SLI). Method: Forty-eight 6- and ...
Emerging Procedures in Narrative Assessment: The Index of Narrative Complexity
Topics in Language Disorders (2008)
This article summarizes norm-referenced and criterion-referenced measures of narration and introduces a new criterion-referenced narrative scoring system called the Index ...
Language Intervention Practices with School-Age Children with Spoken Language Disorders ...
Language, Speech, and Hearing Services in Schools. (2008)
Purpose: This systematic review focuses on peer-reviewed articles published since 1985 that assess the outcomes of language intervention practices for ...
Brief Report: Immediate Memory for Movement Sequencesin Children With and ...
Canadian Journal of Speech-LanguagePathology and Audiology (2007)
This study investigated the immediate recall and reproduction of visually presented movements by children with and without language impairments (LI). ...
Consulting the Evidence to Provide Treatment for a Preschooler with ...
Perspectives on Language Learning and Education, Division 1 (2007)
Most school-based speech-language pathologists (SLPs) who work with preschool children will provide treatment for moderate to severe phonological impairments (Shewan, ...