|Present||Anson Marston Distinguished Professor, Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University|
Honors and Awards
- Irish Education 100 Award, 2011
- Faculty Citation, Iowa State University Alumni Association, 1997
- Phi Kappa Phi Centennial Medalist, 1997
- Archer Daniels Midland/Protein & Co-Products Division Award, American Oil Chemists’ Society, 1997
- David R. Boylan Eminent Faculty Award in Research, College of Engineering, Iowa State University, 1996
- National Faculty Award, Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, 1995
- Faculty Award, Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Alpha Delta Chapter, 1994–95
- Fellow, American Institute of Chemical Engineers, 1991
- Wilton Park International Service Award, Iowa State University, 1986
- Outstanding Academic Advising Award, Student Alumni Association, Iowa State University, 1983
- Outstanding Teacher Award, College of Engineering, Iowa State University, 1982
- H. A. Webber Award, Department of Chemical Engineering, Iowa State University, 1980
Iowa State University
Ames, IA 50011-2230
Substrate Binding by the Catalytic Domain and Carbohydrate Binding Module ...
Industrial and Engineering Chemistry Research (2013)
Binding and thermodynamic properties of a carbohydrate binding module (CBM) and a glycoside hydrolase family 44 xyloglucanase/endoglucanase catalytic domain (CD) ...
Conformational analysis of gossypol and its derivatives by molecular mechanics
Journal of Molecular Structure: THEOCHEM (2005)
Conformations and inversion pathways leading to racemization of all the tautomers of gossypol, gossypolone, anhydrogossypol, and a diethylamine Schiff's base ...
Surfactant properties of low molecular weight phospholipids
Journal of Surfactants and Detergents (2005)
Surface tensions, critical micelle concentrations (CMCs), contact angles on hydrophobic polyethylene, and foaming characteristics of phosphatidic acids, phosphatidylcholines, phosphatidylethanolamines, and ...
Modeling of deoxy- and dideoxyaldohexopyranosyl ring puckering with MM3(92)
Carbohydrate Research (2001)
Extensive variations of the ring structures of three deoxyaldohexopyranoses, l-fucose, d-quinovose, and l-rhamnose, and four dideoxyaldohexopyranoses, d-digitoxose, abequose, paratose, and ...