|2016 - Present||Co- Project Director (co-PD) Co-PDs Drs. Fitzgerald & Spencer|
|California Commission on Teaching Grant|
Professional Service and Affiliations
|1997 - 2003||Teacher-Self-Contained Emotional /Behavior Disorders, Clay and Duval County School Board|
Honors and Awards
- Nominated as a Faculty Favorite for academic years from 2008-2010
- Carl Fenichel Memorial Research Award - Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders (May 2006)
- National award from the Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders division of the Council for Exceptional Children for the outstanding dissertation in the area of emotional or behavioral disorders.
- SPED 230/ 291 Introduction to Inclusive Education
- SPED 233 Behavioral Supports in the Learning Environment
- SPED 282A Positive Behavior Support I
- SPED 292 Best Practices for the Education Specialist: Introduction to Assessment, Curriculum and Case Management
- SPED 294 Teaching and Learning for Mild/ Moderate Disabilities
|2006||PhD, Doctor of Philosophy Special Education, University of Florida|
Teacher Instruction as a Predictor for Student Engagement and Disruptive ...
Preventing School Failure: Alternative Education for Children and Youth (2014)
Effective instruction is a critical predictor of student achievement. As students with exceptionalities such as emotional and behavioral disorders and ...
Contribution to Book
Functional behavioral assessment and students with emotional/behavioral disorders: When ...
Policy and Practice (Advances in Learning and Behavioral Disabilities, Volume 22 (2009)
The purpose of this chapter is to highlight issues related to the current policy, practice, and research in the area ...