|2017 - Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Engineering and Computing, Allen E. Paulson College of|
|Present||Assistant Professor, Georgia Southern University ‐ Electrical and Computer Engineering, Department of|
Analysis, Modeling, Digital Real-Time Simulation Methods, Operation, Advanced Protection Schemes, Primary, Secondary, and Tertiary Controls, Distributed Controls, Networked Controls, and Cybersecurity of Modernized DC Grids as Well as Smart, Hybrid AC/DC Power Networks, Operation, Protection, Control, and Automation of Smart Microgrids Considering the High Penetration of Power Electronic Devices and Battery Energy Storage Systems, Real Time Simulation and Power/Controller Hardware-In-the-Loop (PHIL/CHIL) Simulation of Power Electronic Devices and Power Systems, Application of Power Electronic Converters in HVDC, Hybrid, Multi-Terminal AC/DC Power Systems, Super Grids, Smart Grids, Integration of Renewable Energy Resources into Hybrid Multi-Terminal AC/DC Power Systems, Stability and Robust Performance of Hybrid Multi-Terminal AC/DC Power Systems, Controller Synthesis and Design of Power Electronic Converters Employed in Power Systems, and Application and Control of Power Electronic Converters in Electric Drive Control
Professional Service and Affiliations
|2017 - Present||Member, IEEE Working Group on Hardward-in-the-Loop (HIL) Simulation, IEEE Standards Association||2015 - Present||Invited Reviewer, IET Journals, Energies Journals, and IEEE International Conferences||2015 - Present||Invited Member, Technical Program Committees||2013 - Present||Member, Golden Key International Honour Society||2008 - Present||Member, IEEE||2003 - Present||Invited Reviewer, Sections of IEEE Transactions||2014 - 2015||Chair of the Literature Review Subgroup, DC@Home Standards, IEEE Standards Association|
Honors and Awards
- Best Paper Award for a Collaborative Research on Microgrids Protection Schemes, Entitled, Microgrid Protection: An Overview of Protection Strategies in North American Microgrid Projects, IEEE-PES General Meeting (2017)
- Alberta Innovates Doctoral Graduate Student Scholarship (AITF), Alberta Innovates Future Technologies, 63,000.00 CAD, Accepted Partially (2014-2016)
- Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Toronto, 22,902.00 CAD, Declined (2011-2013)
- Graduate Scholarship, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Purdue University, $61,908.00, Declined (2011-2013)
- Graduate Scholarship, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, $235,000.00, Declined (2011-2013)
- Ranked 2st and Honored Member of Exceptional University Talents in Graduate Program, Amirkabir University of Technology (2009)
- Ranked 1st among 8 Winners of M.S. Scholarship of Electrical Engineering Department, Amirkabir University of Technology (2007)
- Ranked 1st among 5 Winners of B.S. Scholarship of Electrical Engineering Department, Isfahan University of Technology (2007)
- Ranked 1st and Honored Member of Exceptional University Talents in Undergraduate Program, Isfahan University of Technology (2007)
- Honored as Top-Rank Student in High School Program, School of Imam-Mohammad-Bagher (2003)
- Member, Foundation of Iranian Elites (2008-Present)
- Electric Circuits II
|2012 - 2016||Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, University of Alberta|
|2007 - 2010||M.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology-Iran|
|2003 - 2007||B.Sc. in Electrical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology|
P.O. Box 8045
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-1312
Office: IT 1116
Journal Papers (8)
Robust Vector Control of a Very Weak Grid-Connected Voltage-Source Converter ...
IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (2017)
Conventional vector-controlled voltage-source converters (VSC) suffer from stability and performance problems when integrated into very weak ac grids (high-impedance grids). ...
Variable-Structure-Based Nonlinear Control for the Master VSC in DC-Energy-Pool Multiterminal ...
IEEE Transactions on Power Electronics (2014)
DC-energy-pool-based multiterminal grids are gaining widespread acceptance under the super- and smart-grid vision. DC-link voltage control via a master voltage-source ...
Conference Papers (18)
Contribution to Book
Microgrid Protection: An Overview of Protection Strategies in North American ...
Proceedings of the IEEE Power & Energy Society General Meeting (2017)
Microgrids have been proposed as an attractive solution to harness the benefits offered by distributed energy resources (DERs). However, despite ...
Improvement of Dynamic Response of SDM-based PFC Converter Using Digital ...
International Conference on Computational Technologies in Electrical and Electronics Engineering (SIBIRCON) (2010)
The Sigma delta modulation advantage is its special power spectrum density which is better from other modulation techniques from EMC ...
Application of Sigma-Delta Modulation in Multifunction Current Controller for Inverter-Based ...
International Spanish-Portuguese Conference on Electrical Engineering (11CHILIE) (2009)
There are many consumers in distribution networks, which have rapid changes in the reactive power consumption. These changes can result ...
A Novel Approach to VFTO Analysis of Power Transformers Including ...
International Conference on Industrial Technology (ICIT) (2009)
There are two physical models to analyze Very Fast Transient Overvoltage (VFTO) on transformers. These models are multiconductor transmission-line model ...