|Present||Assistant Professor of Nutrition, Food Sciences and Packaging, San Jose State University|
Honors and Awards
- 2014 Graduate & Professional Student Association Travel Grant ($948)
- 2013 Summer Research Fellowship Program ($6,000)
- 2013 ASN/MARC – Minority Student Travel Award ($1,850)
- 2013 ASN/MARC – Young Investigator Minority Award Finalist
- 2012 Arizona Board of Regents Doctoral Research Grant ($5,000)
- 2012 Graduate Research Support Program Grant ($2,000)
- 2012 Graduate & Professional Student Association Travel Grant ($665)
- NUFS 217 - Issues in Nutrition, Food and Packaging
- NUFS 114A - Community Nutrition for Majors
- NUFS 190 - Nutrition Education
- NUFS 106A - Human Nutrition in the Life Span
|2013||PhD, Arizona State University ‐ Physical Activity, Nutrition, and Wellness|
|2008||MS, University of São Paulo ‐ Nutrition in Public Health|
|2006||BS, University of São Paulo ‐ Nutrition|
Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder Prevalent Among Patients With Inflammatory ...
Clinical Gastroenterology and Hepatology (2021)
Background & Aims Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients alter their dietary behaviors to reduce disease-related symptoms, avoid feared food triggers, ...
Participation in a social-support physical activity intervention modestly improves lipoprotein ...
Journal of Physical Activity and Health (2015)
ackground: The effects of moderate intensity walking on lipoprotein remodeling in postpartum Hispanic women are unknown. Methods: Sedentary postpartum Hispanic ...
Disordered Eating in Collegiate Athletes: Prevalence and Relationships Between Sub-Threshold ...
Current Developments in Nutrition (2019)
ObjectivesDisordered eating (DE), although subclinical, increases the risk for clinical eating disorders and is prevalent in collegiate athletes. At the ...