About Chris Haskell
With experience as a music educator, an M.S. in Educational Technology (Boise State, 2008), and an Ed.D. in Education, Curriculum and Instruction, Foundational Studies (Boise State, 2012), Dr. Chris Haskell has been teaching in the Department of Educational Technology at Boise State University since 2007. In addition to teaching, he is an active presenter at conferences throughout the West sharing his knowledge and interest in online learning and education through social networks, virtual worlds, and gaming.
Honors and Awards
- 2013 - Innovative Blended and Online Learning Practice Award, iNACOL Blended and Online Learning Symposium, Orlando, FL
- 2012 - Finalist, Innovation Incubator Award SIIA, EdTech Industry Summit, San Francisco
- 2012 - Competition Winner, DML Badges for Lifelong Learning Competition
- EDTECH 202: Educational Technology, Classroom Applications
- EDTECH 531: Teaching and Learning in Virtual Environments
- EDTECH 532: Educational Games and Simulations
- EDTECH 597: Educational Games and Simulations
Articles & Conference Proceedings (2)
Understanding and Preparing Teachers of Millennial Learners
Proceedings of the World Conference on E-Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education, Las Vegas, NV (2008)
This presentation will examine the results of a *Technology Proficiency and Use* survey of over 200 pre-service teacher education students. ...
Contributions to Books (2)
Changing the Game: Technology & the Future of Education
MCLI On the Edge: Emerging Technologies Dialogue Day Keynote (2011)
Chris Haskell is actively piloting and developing groundbreaking alternative approaches to delivering and tracking learning. With co-inventor Dr. Lisa Dawley, ...