Professional Service and Affiliations
|Present||Member, American Counseling Association (ACA)||Present||Committee Member, American Psychiatric Association Mental Health Disparities Program||Present||Committee Member, American Psychiatric Association Mental Health Disparities Program-Mental Health in Central Appalach||Present||Member, Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES)||Present||Member, Chi Sigma Iota (CSI), International Honor Society for Counseling||Present||Member, Tennessee Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (TACES)||Present||Member, Tennessee Counseling Association (TCA)|
Honors and Awards
- 2012 - Southern Association of Counselor Education and Supervision (SACES) Emerging Leader
- 2012 - Chi Sigma Iota (CSI) Omega Delta Chapter Outstanding Doctoral Student
- 2012-2013 - Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (ACES) Presidential Fellow
- HDAL 4710 - Practicum
- HDAL 2340 - Understanding Cultural Diversity
- COUN 6956 - Supervision in Counseling and Leadership
- COUN 6563 - Advanced Social and Cultural Foundations
- COUN 5880 - Internship in Counseling
- COUN 5570 - Supervised Counseling Practicum
- COUN 5555 - Counseling Process and Skills
- COUN 5250 - Introduction to Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- COUN 5150 - Career Development-Theory, Research, and Practice
- COUN 5110 - Social and Cultural Foundations
|2013||PhD, Counseling, Old Dominion University|
|2008||MA, Counseling, East Tennessee State Universtiy|
|2004||BA, Psychology, University of Tennessee, Knoxville|
PO Box 70701
Johnson City, TN 37614
Office: 320 Warf-Pickel Hall
Invisible Outsiders: Developing a Working Alliance with Appalachian Clients
The Practitioner Scholar: Journal of Counseling and Professional Psychology (2017)
Appalachian clients are often ‘invisible’ within the majority culture and possess characteristics unique to the region that must be considered ...
Book Chapters (3)
Contribution to Book
Dissociative Disorders and Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders
Treating Those with Mental Disorders: A Comprehensive Approach to Case Conceptualization and Treatment (2014)
Book Summary: Treating Those with Mental Disorders: A Comprehensive Approach to Case Conceptualization and Treatmentis the authoritative reference on selecting ...
Other Publications (7)
International Conference Presentations (3)
Bringing the Art of Counselor Education into the 21st Century
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference (2015)
Technology currently permeates both the personal and professional lives of many counseling professionals. Therefore, counselor educators are charged with the ...
National Conference Presentations (5)
Doctoral Students and Multiple Roles: Being a Learner, Teacher, Colleague ...
Association for Counselor Education and Supervision Conference (2011)
Inherent, unavoidable multiple relationships with faculty and master’s students in doctoral programs will be reviewed, and implications for supervision and ...