|Present||Associate Professor, Environmental Studies, Western Washington University ‐ Huxley College of the Environment|
|Present||Co-Director, Western Washington University ‐ Institute of Spatial Information and Analysis, Huxley College of the Environment|
Honors and Awards
- WWU Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Small Grant. “Three Centuries of Synchronous Forest Defoliator Outbreaks in Western North America”. $1,495. 2016.
- Faculty Development Summer Grant. Open Source Resource Development for ENVS 203: Physical Geography. $4,000. 2016.
- Puget Sound Partnership 2016 Action Agenda - Near Term Action. Puget Sound Partnership. “Salish Sea Geospatial Clearinghouse”. Accepted as part of the Puget Sound Partnership’s slated projects,
- ENVS 503 - Communicating Research Results
- ENVS 428/528 - Biogreography
- ENVS 422/522 - Advanced Spatial Analysis
- ENVS 421/521 - GIS IV: Advanced Applications
- ENVS 420/520 - GIS III: Analysis & Modeling
- ENVS 326 - Climatology
- Envs 320/597M - GIS I: Introduction to GIScience
- ENVS 203 - Physical Geography
|Ph.D., University of Oregon ‐ Department of Geography|
|MS, Univeristy of Victoria ‐ Department of Geography|
|BA, Humboldt State University ‐ Department of Geography|
Department of Environmental Studies
Arntzen Hall 202
Western Washington University
Bellingham, WA 98225
Mail Stop 9085
Office phone: 360-650-6487
Peer-reviewed Journal Articles (10)
A multicentury dendrochronological reconstruction of western spruce budworm outbreaks in ...
Canadian Journal of Forest Research (2017)
The western spruce budworm (Choristoneura occidentalis occidentalis Freeman) is recognized as the most ecologically and economically damaging defoliator in western North America. ...
Simulated Western Spruce Budworm Defoliation Reduces Torching and Crowning Potential ...
International Journal of Wildland Fire (2014)
The widespread, native defoliator western spruce budworm (Choristoneura occidentalis Freeman) reduces canopy fuels, which might affect the potential for surface fires ...
Professional and Technical Reports (4)
Development and Analysis of Forest Health Databases, Models, and Economic ...
Pacific Climate Impacts Consortium: Final Technical Report Forest Science Program Project # Y093061 (2009)
The impact of projected climate change on spruce and Douglas fir forests in British Columbia was assessed using bioclimatic envelope ...