|Present||Assistant Professor, University of Texas at Tyler ‐ Department of Psychology and Counseling|
|2019 - Present||Psychological and developmental predictors of LGBT attitudes among college students|
|University of Texas at Tyler Office of Research and Scholarship|
|Colleague(s): Madison Diomede|
|2018 - Present||Advancing Inquiry in Middle Mathematics for Rural East Texas: Promoting Successful Postsecondary Pathways through Mathematical Problem Solving in the Middle Grades|
|Greater Texas Foundation|
|Colleague(s): John Lamb, Dustin Jones, Mark Montgomery, James Ewing, Debra Plowman|
Honors and Awards
- 2020 Outstanding Faculty Award, Alpha Chi Honor Society
- 2020 Fellow of the Academy of Distinguished Teachers, University of Texas at Tyler Academy of Distinguished Teachers
- 2019 Crystal Quill Research Award, University of Texas at Tyler
- 2019 University of Texas System Regents' Outstanding Teaching Award, University of Texas System Board of Regents
- 2018 Excellence in Teaching Award, National Society of Leadership and Success
- 2017 Outstanding Faculty Award, Alpha Chi Honor Society
- 2016 Jack and Dorothy Fay White Honors Program Advocate Award, University of Texas at Tyler University Honors Program
|2014||Ph. D., Psychology, University of Texas at Austin ‐ Psychology|
|2010||M. A., Psychology, University of Texas at Austin ‐ Psychology|
|2008||B. A. Psychology and Sociology, Washington and Lee University ‐ Psychology|
Research Works (15)
Postbaccalaureate STEM Students’ Perceptions of their Training: Exploring the Intersection ...
Psychology Faculty Publications and Presentations (2015)
The number of international students in graduate school within STEM fields at US institutions has risen dramatically over the last ...
Contribution to Book
Analysis and evaluation of the rationales for single-sex schooling
Advances in Child Development and Behavior: The Role of Gender in Educational Contexts and Outcomes (2014)
Amendments passed as part of the No Child Left Behind Act in 2006 made some forms of single-sex (SS) public ...
Gender-Related Values, Perceptions of Discrimination, and Mentoring in STEM Graduate ...
Psychology Faculty Publications and Presentations (2013)
Although girls and boys appear equally interested in most STEM fields during childhood and adolescence, men pursue academic research careers ...