Landscape limnology, Biogeochemical controls on aquatic productivity, Algal-nutrient relationships, Spatial-temporal relationships in fish foraging, Ontogeny of temperature selection and bioenergetics of fishes, Stable isotopes and food webs, Ecology of endemic and threatened fishes, and Saline lake limnology
Honors and Awards
- 2009 - Teacher of theYear, College of Natural Resources
- 1995 - Graduate Student Mentor of the Year, Dept. of Fisheries & Wildlife, USU
- 2005 - Advisor of the Year, College of Natural Resources, USU
- 2005 - Honorary Recognition for Education & Human Resources Development, American Society of Limnology & Oceanography
- 2006 - Registry of Distinguished Graduates, Dept. of Fisheries and Wildlife, Oregon State University
- 2007 - Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year, College of Natural Resources, Utah State Univ.
- 2009 - Teacher of the Year, College of Natural Resources, Utah State University
5210 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-5210
Location: BNR 106
Featured Works (8)
Peer-Reviewed Articles (51)
Bioassay analysis of nutrient and Artemia franciscana effects on trophic ...
14-day microcosm experiments demonstrated the strong interactions between bottom–up and top–down effects of nutrient addition (control, nitrogen, phosphorus, nitrogen + phosphorus) and Artemia ...
Approaches for studying fish production: Do river and lake researchers ...
Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences (2014)
Biased perspectives of fisheries researchers may hinder scientific progress and effective management if limiting factors controlling productivity go unrecognized. We ...
Lakes as buffers of stream dissolved organic matter (DOM) variability ...
Linking Physical, Chemical, and Biological Processes in Watersheds from the Cellular and Grain Scales to the Landscape Scale (2011)
Lakes within fluvial networks may affect dissolved organic matter (DOM) dynamics in streams by dampening spring DOM snowmelt flushing responses ...
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Grassbed Treatments as Habitat for Juvenile ...
North American Journal of Fisheries Management (2009)
Many reservoirs in arid regions experience highly variable water levels caused by seasonal inflow fluctuations and designated outflow requirements. At ...