|Present||Professor, Iowa State University ‐ Department of Kinesiology|
Mechanisms underlying cardiovascular disease in emergency responders, such as law enforcement officers and firefighters, Using virtual reality environments to assess decision making and cardiovascular responses to occupationally relevant stressful situations, Exercise in older adults, and Cardiovascular exercise physiolog
Honors and Awards
- 2012 Rossmann Manatt Faculty Development Award (for research excellence), College of Human Sciences, ISU
- 2011 Honorary member, Golden Key International Honour Society, ISU
- 2010 Career Achievement in Teaching Award, College of Human Sciences, ISU
- 2001 Superior Teaching Medallion, College of Education, Iowa State University
- KIN 363x – Basic Electrocardiography
- KIN 458 – Principles of Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription
- KIN 459 – Internship in Exercise Leadership
247 Forker Building
534 Wallace Rd
Ames, IA 50011
Peer - Reviewed Articles (14)
Development of a Model-Based Noninvasive Glucose Monitoring Device for Non-Insulin ...
Journal of Bioinformatics and Diabetes (2014)
Continuous-time glucose monitoring (CGM) effectively improves glucose control, as oppose to infrequent glucose measurements (i.e. using Lancet Meters), by providing ...
Examining Firefighter Decision-Making: How Experience Influences Speed in Process and ...
International Fire Service Journal of Leadership and Management (2013)
The objectives of this study were to identify relationships among firefighter experience and the decision-making processes, by determining if experienced ...
Conference Proceedings (3)
Evaluating the Effectiveness of Graduated Stress Exposure in Virtual Spaceflight ...
Journal of Cognitive Engineering and Decision Making (2018)
Psychological and physiological stress experienced by astronauts can pose risks to mission success. In clinical settings, gradually increasing stressors help ...
Evaluating the Value of Dynamic Terrain Simulation on Training Quality
Proceedings of the 2016 Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation, and Education Conference (I/ITSEC) (2016)
Warfighters perform a variety of civilian duties, such as construction. For example, in Iraq, from 2004-2011, the US Army carried ...