|Present||Judge Edward J. and Ruey L. Guirado Chair in Law and Psychology, University of Southern California Law|
Honors and Awards
- Past-President of the American Psychological Association’s Section on Child Maltreatment (Division 37)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Office: (213) 740-0142
A. Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals (69)
39. Young Children’s Difficulty with Indirect Speech Acts: Implications ...
Behavioral Sciences & the Law (2014)
Prior research suggests that infelicitous choice of questions can significantly underestimate children’s actual abilities, independently of suggestiveness. One possibly difficult ...
24. Interviewing children versus tossing coins: Accurately assessing the diagnosticity ...
Journal of Child Sexual Abuse (Published 2012) (2011)
We describe a Bayesian approach to evaluating children’s abuse disclosures and review research demonstrating that children’s disclosure of genital touch ...
20. Maltreated and non-maltreated children’s evaluations of emotional fantasy.
Child Abuse & Neglect (Published 2010) (2009)
Objectives: The purpose of the study was to examine differences between maltreated and nonmaltreated children’s ability to differentiate emotionally evocative ...