|Present||Judge Edward J. and Ruey L. Guirado Chair in Law and Psychology, University of Southern California Law|
Honors and Awards
- Past-President of the American Psychological Association’s Section on Child Maltreatment (Division 37)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Office: (213) 740-0142
A. Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals (100)
87. Children's under-informative responding is associated with concealment of ...
Applied Cognitive Psychology (2021)
Concealment (i.e., omitting information without saying anything untrue) has received little empirical attention relative to falsification (i.e., false statements). This ...
86. Police interviewing behaviors and commercially sexually exploited adolescents' reluctance.
Psychology, Public Policy, and Law (2021)
Little is known about the relation between law enforcement interviewing behaviors and commercially sexually exploited children’s (CSEC) reluctance. This study ...
85 . Identifying novel forms of reluctance in commercially sexually exploited ...
Child Abuse & Neglect (2021)
Research has largely overlooked expressions of reluctance in commercially sexually exploited adolescent (“CSEA”) victims. This is problematic because gaining information ...
82. Increasing true reports without increasing false reports: Best practice ...
American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children Advisor (2021)
A consensus has emerged among forensic interviewers that narrative practice rapport building, introducing the allegation with a “why” question about ...
78. Adults' difficulties in identifying concealment among children interviewed with ...
Applied Cognitive Psychology (Published 2021) (2020)
The putative confession (PC) instructions (“[suspect] told me everything that happened and wants you to tell the truth”) increases children’s ...
76. Young children's ability to describe intermediate clothing placement.
Child Maltreatment (Published 2021) (2020)
Children’s ability to adequately describe clothing placement is essential to evaluating their allegations of sexual abuse. Intermediate clothing placement (partially ...