Honors and Awards
- Past-President of the American Psychological Association’s Section on Child Maltreatment (Division 37)
- Former Member of the Board of Directors of the American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Office: (213) 740-0142
A. Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals (61)
59. Ask Versus Tell: Potential Confusion When Child Witnesses are ...
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Applied (In Press) (2017)
Children’s potential confusion between “ask” and “tell” can lead to misunderstandings when child witnesses are asked to report prior conversations. ...
48. Valence, implicated actor, and children's acquiescence to false ...
Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology (Published 2016) (2015)
Although adverse effects of suggestive interviewing on children's accuracy are well documented, it remains unclear as to whether these effects ...
39. Young Children’s Difficulty with Indirect Speech Acts: Implications ...
Behavioral Sciences & the Law (2014)
Prior research suggests that infelicitous choice of questions can significantly underestimate children’s actual abilities, independently of suggestiveness. One possibly difficult ...