|Present||Professor, University of South Florida|
Honors and Awards
- 2015 Finalist, Lamar York Prize in Creative Nonfiction, Chattahoochee Review
- 2014 Fulbright Senior Specialist, Xi'an International Studies University, China
- 2013 Daniel F. Breeden Eminent Scholar of the Arts & Humanities, Auburn University
- 2012 Public Program Grant Florida Humanities Council, 2012
- 2004 Honorable Mention, Thomas J. Lyon Book Award, Western American Literature Association,
|Ph.D., New York University ‐ English: Early American Literature|
|B.A., Dickinson College ‐ Spanish and English|
Books & Book Chapters (15)
Contribution to Book
City creeks: Lessons in sustainable environmental discourse from a Florida ...
USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2015)
This paper examines the difficulties of cultivating, and teaching, an environmental aesthetic from within cities. Starting from a particular pedagogical ...