|Present||Professor of Sociology, Utah State University ‐ Sociology, Social Work and Anthropology|
Honors and Awards
- 2006 - Excellence in Extension and Public Outreach, Rural Sociological Society
- 2004 - Certificate of Appreciation, Western Cooperative Extension Directors
- 1999 - Aufderheide Award (Teacher of the Year) College of Forestry, Oregon State University
- 1994-1996 - Chair of the Policy, Economics, and Law Working Group of the Society of American Foresters
- 1992 - Selected to attend the Summer Institute on Negotiation and Dispute Resolution, Center for the Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences
- 1991 - Selected to Socioeconomic Technical Committee, Blue Mountain Natural Resources Insitute
- 1991 - Appointed to Steering Committee, Consortium for the Social Values of Natural Resources
- 1990 - Awarded L.L. Stewart Faculty Development Grant for work in undergraduate writing instruction
- 1990 - Certificate of Appreciation, USDA Forest Service, "for contributions to development of cost and supply analysis in the equilibrium modeling analysis"
- 1989 - Selected R6 Representative, Economics and Policy Working Group, Society of American Foresters
- 1989 and 1991 - Nominated by students for Aufderheide Award (Teacher of the Year)
Department of Sociology, Social Work and Athropology
Utah State University
Logan, UT 84322-8335
Old Main 216C
Tackling the Tangle of Environmental Conflict: Complexity, Controversy, and Collaborative ...
Emergence: Complexity and Organization (2008)
Environmental conflict situations are typically messy; a tangle of complexity, controversy, and uncertainty. As a means for addressing environmental conflict ...