|January 2013 - Present||Chair, Portland State University ‐ International & Global Studies|
|September 2010 - Present||Professor, Portland State University ‐ International & Global Studies|
Honors and Awards
- Ruth Landes Memorial Research Fund
- John Eliot Allen Outstanding Teacher Award (twice)
- Smith Richardson Foundation Junior Faculty Grant
- College of Urban and Public Affairs "Researcher of the Year", 2019
- Global Drug Trade
- Digital Globalization
- Introduction to International Studies
- Introduction to Latin America
- Foundations of Global Studies Theory
- Modern Brazil
- Amazon Rainforest
- AIDS Pandemic
P.O. Box 751
Portland State University
Portland, OR 97207-0751
Adopting the Principles of Universal Design into International and Global ...
Journal of International & Global Studies (2017)
The ideals of universal design have profoundly impacted instruction, policy, and infrastructure in course architecture and design within elementary education ...
The Negotiated Syllabus: How to Create Community in Online International ...
International & Global Studies Faculty Publications and Presentations (2020)
As online education expands how do professors create the sense of community and engagement that students crave? This paper will ...
Developing Countries, Vaccine Access and Influenza Outbreaks: Ethics and Global ...
International & Global Studies Faculty Publications and Presentations (2011)
The threat posed by influenza pandemics raises serious ethical issues, as well as questions of global health governance. In order ...