|Present||Professor, Bowling Green State University ‐ Media and Communication|
Honors and Awards
- • President’s Award for Collaborative Research and Creative Work, BGSU, 2015.
- • 2nd Place Paper Open Category, Management, Marketing and Programming Division, Broadcast Education Association Annual Convention, 2015.
- • 1st Place Paper, Open Category, Student Media Division, Broadcast Education Association Annual Convention, 2014.
- • American Copy Editors Society Paper Award, Newspaper Division, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication 2013.
- • Distinguished Research Paper Award, NetStudies coauthored with graduate students Xiao Hu, Ying Xu and Ximeng Mo), 2013.
- • 1st and 2nd place debut research paper awards (coauthored with graduate students Xiao Hu and Ling Fang), Interactive Media and Emerging Technology Division, Broadcast Education Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, 2012.
- • 1st place debut research paper award (coauthored with graduate student Kristy Shi), Media Management, Marketing and Programming Division, Broadcast Education Association Annual Conference, Las Vegas, 2012.
- • 4th place Faculty Paper (coauthored with graduate student Xiaoqun Zhang), Communication Technology Division, Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication Annual Convention, Chicago, 2012.
- • Special Commendation for Research of value to the developing world, the 2009 Literati Network Awards for Excellence for article published in Management Decision, “Knowledge creation and dissemination in Sub-Saharan Africa.”
- • AEJMC Robert Picard Award for Books with Significant Contribution to Media Management and Economics, 2007 for Webcasting Worldwide: Business Models of an Emerging Global Medium
- TCOM2700 Minorities in Video and Film
- TCOM4600 Media Policy and Industry
- TCOM4610/MC5610 Audience Research
- TCOM4911 Media Management
- TCOM4630/MC5630 Media Programming
|September 1991 ‐ July 1994||Ph.D., Michigan State University ‐ Mass Media Ph.D. Program|
Featured Works (8)
Recent Works (1)
Digital Divide in Social Media Prosumption: Proclivity, Production Intensity, and ...
Journal of Communication and Media Research (2014)
This paper examines the digital divide in social media prosumption. It compares college students’ and general population’s prosumption behavior in ...
Consumption of Over-the-Counter Drugs and Attitudes Towards Over-the-Counter Drug Advertising ...
Proceedings of the 1997 Conference of the American Academy of Advertising (1997)
A survey of 547 adults from the United States and Hong Kong was conducted to compare their perceptions about functions ...
Subscriber's Behaviors in Electronic Discussion Groups: A Comparison Between ...
Conference on Telecommunications and Information Markets (1995)
This paper examines subscribers' behaviors in electronic discussion groups and compares the behavior of academic and practitioner subscribers. Data were ...