|Present||Assistant Professor, University of South Florida|
Honors and Awards
- NSF Discovery Research K-12, $2,199,109 (funded) Perkins, Hensberry, Webb, & Whitacre, (2015-2018). Teaching and Learning Algebraic Thinking Across the Middle Grades (1503510)
- PhET Interactive Simulations Project nominated for WISE Award from the WISE Initiative. Award recognizes innovative projects that address global educational Challenges. 1 of 15 finalists.
- 2017 Invited speaker at Azalea Middle School Women in STEM breakfast. This event holds the goal of connecting women in our community who work in STEM fields with middle school girls.
- 2011 Nominee for the University of Florida College of Education Outstanding Graduate Leadership Award
- MAE 4310: Teaching Mathematics in the Inclusive Elementary Classroom (blended)
- EDG 4930: UFTeach Project-based Instruction
- MAE 6654: Technology-enhanced Algebra for Middle Grades Teachers
- MAE 6315: Algebraic Thinking for Elementary Teachers
- MAE 6329: Geometry and Measurement for Middle Grades Teachers
- MAE 6316: Geometry and Measurement for Elementary Teachers
- MAE 6550: Technology-enhanced Numerical Analysis for Middle Grades Teachers
- MAE 6334: Problem Solving for Elementary Teachers
- MAE 5347: Teaching K-8 Mathematics for Understanding (blended)
- MAE 5332: Secondary School Mathematics Methods
- EDG 6931: Classroom Contexts that Support Self-Regulated Learning and Mathematical Understanding (online)
|Ph.D., University of Florida ‐ Curriculum and Instruction|
|M.Ed., University of Florida ‐ Curriculum and Instruction|
|B.S., University of Florida ‐ Mathematics|
Office: COQ 217
Peer Reviewed Articles (8)
Orchestrating Mathematics Lessons with Interactive Simulations: Exploring Roles in the ...
USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2019)
Mathematics teachers are increasingly encouraged to incorporate computer-based technology in their classrooms, but these tools require strategic use in order ...
Variations on Play with Interactive Computer Simulations: Balancing Competing Priorities
USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2018)
Mathematical education is a key criterion for successful economic development and currently forms the basis of several government initiatives throughout ...
Books & Book Chapters (1)
Integrating interactive simulations into the mathematics classroom: Supplementing, enhancing, or ...
USF St. Petersburg campus Faculty Publications (2017)
High-tech tools can be integrated to serve a number of purposes in the mathematics classroom, with different purposes being appropriate ...