|Present||Librarian, University of Denver ‐ University Libraries|
|2021 - Present||Our Stories, Our Medicine Archives: A Culture Centered Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Health Information Interface for Urban American Indian and Alaska Native and Indigenous Communities|
|National Institutes of Health, National Library of Medicine Information Resource Grants to Reduce Health Disparities|
|Role: Other Significant Contributor|
|Colleague(s): Ramona Beltran, Lilia Cervantes, Miriam Valdovinos, Rocio Pereia, Debora Ortega, Denisse Solis, Kate Crowe|
|2020 - Present||Establishing a Community of Practice for Small- and Mid-Sized Academic Libraries to Explore the Possibilities of Transformative Agreements beyond the Top-Tier Research Library Level|
|Institute for Museum and Library Services|
|Role: Member, Community of Practice|
|Colleague(s): Tim Schlak and Alexis Macklin, co-PIs|
|2020 - 2022||Bridging Past to Present: Developing a Native American, First Nations, and Indigenous Graphic Novel Collection|
|American Library Association Will Eisner Graphic Novel Growth Grants|
|Colleague(s): Jennifer Bowers, Kate Crowe, Peggy Keeran, Jack Maness and Shannon Tharp|
|2018 - 2021||Uncovering Health History: Transcribing and Publishing Early Twentieth-Century Tuberculosis Patient Records as Data|
|Collections as Data: Part to Whole, Andrew W. Mellon Foundation|
|Colleague(s): Kim Pham, Kevin Clair, Jeanne Abrams, Fernando Reyes, Jeff Rynhart, Alice Tarrant|
|2016 - 2018||Revealing our Melting Past: Toward a digital library of historic glacier photography|
|Council on Library & Information Resources|
|Colleague(s): Ruth Duerr, Michael Dulock, Walker Sampson, Gloria Hicks, Florence Fetterer, and Allaina Wallace|
Honors and Awards
- 2016 International Data Rescue Award in the Geosciences
- 8th Annual Johns Hopkins University Press Award for the best article featured in portal:Libraries and the Academy, v. 11.
- American Library Association Emerging Leader, Class of 2009
- Two articles selected for inclusion in American Library Association Reference and User Services Association’s annual bibliography, “Reference Research Review,” (2009 and 2010).
- Beta Phi Mu International Library Science Honor Society member
- Denver Public Library MLS Scholarship, 2001
- American Library Association Marshall Cavendish Scholarship, 2002.
Research Works (20)
A Linguistic Analysis of Chat Reference Conversations with 18–24-Year-old ...
University Libraries: Faculty Scholarship (2008)
Thirty-one chat reference conversations were linguistically analyzed, compared to twenty-three instant messaging (IM) conversations held between students, and further correlated ...