|2015 - Present||Associate Dean of Research, Office of Research Inorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology, San Jose State University|
|2012 - 2015||Department Chair, San Jose State University ‐ Chemistry|
Honors and Awards
- 2014: Green Chemistry Award for 2013-2014 Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society (SAACS) Chemistry Club Activities (co-Faculty Advisor with Dr. L. Cheruzel)
- 2014: Commendable Mention ACS Chapter Award for 2013-2014 SAACS Activities (co-Faculty Advisor with Dr. L. Cheruzel)
- 2014: SJSU and SJSU Research Foundation Award of Merit (Undergraduate Research Mentor)
- 2013: Recognized as an ACS Ambassador for promoting the value of chemists and chemistry to the community by the ACS Committee on Public Relations and Communications
- 2013: Commendable Mention ACS Chapter Award for 2012-2013 SAACS Activities (co-Faculty Advisor with Dr. L. Cheruzel)
- 2009: SJSU and SJSU Research Foundation Award of Merit (Undergraduate Research Mentor)
- 2009: Honorable Mention ACS Chapter Award for 2008-2009 SAACS Activities (co-Faculty Advisor with Dr. B. M. Stone)
- 2008: Henry Dreyfus Teacher-Scholar Award (the Camille and Henry Dreyfus Foundation)
- Advanced Inorganic Chemistry (CHEM 245)
- Physical-Inorganic Techniques (CHEM 146)
- Inorganic Chemistry (CHEM 145)
- Inorganic Chemistry Lab (CHEM 145L)
|2001||Ph.D., University of Lausanne ‐ Coordination Chemistry|
|1995||D.E.A., Universite Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg I) ‐ Inorganic Chemistry|
|1994||M.S., Universite Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg I) ‐ Chemistry|
|1993||B.S., Universite Louis Pasteur (Strasbourg I) ‐ Chemistry|
Design and Synthesis of New Circularly Polarized Thermally Activated Delayed ...
Journal of the American Chemical Society (2016)
This work describes the first thermally activated delayed fluorescence material enabling circularly polarized light emission through chiral perturbation. These new ...
Functionalized cationic helicenes with unique tuning of absorption, fluorescence ...
Chemical Science (2016)
Unprecedented regioselective post-functionalization of racemic and enantiopure cationic diaza helicenes is afforded. The peripheral auxochrome substituents allow a general tuning ...
Localizing Perturbations of the Racemic Equilibria Involving Dipicolinate-Derived Lanthanide(III ...
Helical D3 tris(4-amino-2,6-pyridine-dicarboxylate)terbium(III) and europium(III) complexes, which form a racemic equilibrium in aqueous solution, were prepared to study their secondary coordination ...
Acid/Base-Triggered Switching of Circularly Polarized Luminescence and Electronic Circular ...
Chemistry – A European Journal (2015)
Electronic circular dichroism and circularly polarized luminescence acid/base switching activity has been demonstrated in helicene-bipyridine proligand 1 a and in ...
Potential Switchable Circularly Polarized Luminescence from Chiral Cyclometalated Platinum(II ...
Inorganic Chemistry (2015)
A series of chiral cyclometalated platinum(II) complexes, [Pt((−)-L1)(Dmpi)]Cl ((−)-1), [Pt((+)-L1)(Dmpi)]Cl ((+)-1), [Pt((−)-L2)(Dmpi)]Cl ((−)-2), [Pt((+)-L2)(Dmpi)]Cl ((+)-2), [Pt3((−)-L2)2(Dmpi)4](ClO4)4 ((−)-3), and [Pt3((+)-L2)2(Dmpi)4](ClO4)4 ((+)-3) [(−)-L1 = (−)-4,5-pinene-6′-phenyl-2,2′-bipyridine, ...
Circularly Polarized Luminescence by Visible-Light Absorption in a Chiral O-BODIPY ...
Journal of the American Chemical Society (2014)
Circularly polarized luminescence (CPL) in simple (small, nonaggregated, nonpolymeric) O-BODIPYs (R)-1 and (S)-1 by irradiation with visible light is first ...
Ligand induced diversification from tetranuclear to mononuclear compounds: Syntheses, structures ...
Using the solvothermal method, we present the comparative preparation of [Ni(L1)Cl(CH3CN)]4 (1), [Ni(L2)Cl(C2H5OH)]4 (2) and [Ni(HL3)2(CH3COO)2]·2DMF (3), where HL1 is ...
Straightforward access to mono- and bis-cycloplatinated helicenes displaying circularly polarized ...
Chemical Science (2014)
Enantiopure mono-cycloplatinated-helicene and bis-cycloplatinated-helicene derivatives were prepared through column chromatography combined with crystallization of diastereomeric complexes using a chiral ancillary ...
Synthesis of enantiomerically pure helicene like bis-oxazines from atropisomeric 7 ...
Tetrahedron Letters (2014)
Racemic sample of 2,2',7,7'-tetrahydroxy-1,1'-binaphthyl was resolved with (S)-proline and the separated enantiomers were independently converted to atropisomeric bis-oxazines by aromatic ...
Metal-Controlled Diastereoselective Self-Assembly and Circularly Polarized Luminescence of a Chiral ...
Journal of the Americal Chemical Society (2012)
The chiral dissymmetric tetradentate ligand (S)-6′-(4-phenyloxazolin-2-yl)-2,2′-bipyridine-6-carboxylate (S-Phbipox) leads to the diastereoselective assembly of a homochiral Eu3+ triangle and a highly ...
Structural and Photophysical Properties of Visible- and Near-Infrared-Emitting Tris Lanthanide ...
Inorganic Chemistry (2012)
The enantiomers of N,N′-bis(1-phenylethyl)-2,6-pyridinedicarboxamide (L), namely, (R,R)-1, and (S,S)-1, react with LnIII ions to give stable [LnL3]3+ complexes in an ...
Speciation, Luminescence, and Alkaline Fluorescence Quenching of 4-(2-methylbutyl)aminodipicolinic ...
Journal Physical Chemistry A (2011)
4-(2-Methylbutyl)aminodipicolinic acid (H2MEBADPA) has been synthesized and fully characterized in terms of aqueous phase protonation constants (pKa's) and photophysical measurements. ...