|Present||Professor, San Jose State University ‐ School of Information|
- LIBR281 Seminar in IT-Related Communication Issues (1997, Spring)
- LIBR253 Natural Language Processing & Automatic Indexing (1997, Spring)
- LIBR252b Programming in Java (II) (1996-2005, Fall)
- LIBR252a Programming in Java (I) (1996-2006, Spring)
- LIBR248 Introduction to Cataloguing & Classification (1996-2002, Spring and Summer)
- LIBR246 Seminar on Digital Image Indexing and Retrieval (1997, Fall)
- LIBR246 Library Developments in China (2005, Summer)
- LIBR246 Data, Text, and Web Mining (2007, 2011, and 2012- Fall semesters)
- LIBR202 Introduction to Information Retrieval (1998-, Spring and Fall)
- LIBR242 Database Management with Oracle (1999-, Spring)
|1989 - 1994||PhD, University of Hawaii, Manoa ‐ Interdisciplinary Doctoral Program in CIS|
|1983 - 1986||M.A., Wuhan University ‐ School of Library and Information Science|
|1979 - 1983||B.A., Wuhan University. ‐ School of Library and Information Science|
Journal Articles (15)
Spontaneous Group Decision Making in Distributed Collaborative Learning: A Quantitative ...
International Journal of Online Pedagogy and Course Design (2013)
The paper reports on an exploratory study of student spontaneous group decision making (GDM) in distributed collaborative learning environments. Recordings ...
Information Behaviors of Chinese K-12 Physical Education Teachers: A Survey ...
Chinese Journal of Library and Information Science (2012)
Purpose: Given the unique characteristics of physical education (PE) teaching in K-12 education, PE teachers' information behaviors deserve special attention. This ...
Spontaneous Group Decision Making in Distributed Collaborative Learning: Toward a ...
MERLOT Journal of Online Learning and Teaching (2010)
This paper attempts to identify and establish spontaneous group decision making in collaborative learning as a new research direction, with ...
Natural Language Processing and Automatic Indexing of Texts: The Semantic ...
Journal of China Society for Scientific and Technical Information (1996)
This paper presents the semantic vector space model, a text representation and searching technique based on heuristic syntax parsing and ...
Conference Articles (4)
Refereed articles which are presented in a conference and published in the proceedings of the conference.
Metacognition & Conceptual Drifting in Interactive Information Retrieval: An Exploratory ...
Proceedings of the American Society for Information Science and Technology (2011)
This study investigates patterns of topical migration, specifically interactional dynamics of conceptual drifting and metacognition as counteracting forces, in interactive ...