|Present||Professor and Director of the School of Education, University of Texas at Tyler|
|2003 - 2012||Associate Professor, University of Florida|
|2005 - 2008||Associate Professor and Associate Director of the School of Teaching & Learning, University of Florida ‐ School of Teaching & Learning|
Honors and Awards
- Goetting Award for Outstanding Secondary Education Student Teacher, Baylor University - 1987
- Sallie Mae Award, Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District - 1988
- Outstanding Computer Education & Cognitive Systems Student, University of North Texas - 1993
- Outstanding Product for Adult Learners, The American Distance Education Consortium - 2005
- Shewey Middle School Scholar, University of Florida, College of Education, & Shewey Foundation - 2011
- College of Education Undergraduate Teacher of the Year, University of Florida - 2012
- Outstanding Alumni Award, University of North Texas - 2012
- UT Fellow Faculty, University of Texas at Tyler - 2013
- Top 25 Education Professors, StateStats.org - 2013
- EDUC 5640.030: Clinical Teaching in EC-12
- EDUC 5306: Selected Topics in Education
- EDUC 4057.001: Student Teaching Seminar
|1997||Ph.D., University of North Texas ‐ Learning Technologies|
|1993||M.S., University of North Texas ‐ Computer Education & Cognitive Systems|
|1987||B.S., Baylor University ‐ Secondary Education|
Research Works (8)
Enhancing student conversations through the use of protocols
College Teaching (2016)
The article discusses a study on use of protocols for enhancing student conversation in colleges. It states application of National School Reform Faculty (NSRF) protocols to guide class discussions for ...
Preparing Teacher Leaders in a Job-Embedded Graduate Program: Changes within ...
Teacher Education and Practice (2013)
This article presents findings from a study about the perceived impact of a job-embedded graduate program designed to prepare teacherleaders within the context of university-district-school partnerships. ...
Contribution to Book
Culturally responsive teaching with emerging technologies
Emerging Technologies in Learning: Impact on Cognition and Culture (2011)
This book encompasses the technological influence on learning and cognition from a cultural prospective. It weaves together different kinds of ...