|Present||Professor, Psychology, Trinity University ‐ Department of Psychology|
Honors and Awards
- Z. T. Scott Faculty Fellowship Award, Trinity University
- Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
- The Lori Irving Award for Excellence in eating Disorders Prevention and Awareness
- Academy of Eating Disorders Research Practice-Partnership Award
- Delta Delta Delta Fraternity Vision Award
- Academy of Eating Disorders Fellow
- Greek Council Faculty Appreciation Award, Trinity University
- Distinguished Achievement Award: Junior Faculty Teaching & Research, Trinity University
- Fellow of the Association for Psychological Science
- Clinical Psychology
- Behavioral Medicine
- Directed Field Practicum
Department of Psychology
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Sexual Trauma Uniquely Associated with Eating Disorders: A Replication Study
Psychological Trauma: Theory, Research, Practice, and Policy (2021)
Objective: Extensive research supports the contention that trauma exposure is a nonspecific risk factor for the development of eating disorders ...
The Athletes' Relationships with Training Scale (ART): A Self-Report Measure ...
International Journal of Eating Disorders (2018)
Objective: Several studies indicate that eating-disorder (ED) psychopathology is elevated in athletes compared to non-athletes. The assessment of excessive exercise ...
The Female Athlete Body (FAB) Study: Rationale, Design, and Baseline ...
Contemporary Clinical Trials (2017)
Background: Eating Disorders (EDs) are serious psychiatric illnesses marked by psychiatric comorbidity, medical complications, and functional impairment. Research indicates that ...
The Three-Legged Stool of Evidence-Based Practice in Eating Disorder Treatment ...
BMC Medicine (2016)
Background Evidence-based practice in eating disorders incorporates three essential components: research evidence, clinical expertise, and patient values, preferences, and characteristics. ...
Reducing Eating Disorder Risk Factors: A Pilot Effectiveness Trial of ...
International Journal of Eating Disorders (2015)
Objective: Impediments limit dissemination and implementation of evidence-based interventions (EBIs), including lack of sufﬁcient training. One strategy to increase implementation ...