|Present||Professor, Psychology, Trinity University ‐ Department of Psychology|
Honors and Awards
- Z. T. Scott Faculty Fellowship Award, Trinity University
- Fellow at the Center for Advanced Study in the Behavioral Sciences, Stanford, Palo Alto, CA
- The Lori Irving Award for Excellence in eating Disorders Prevention and Awareness
- Academy of Eating Disorders Research Practice-Partnership Award
- Delta Delta Delta Fraternity Vision Award
- Academy of Eating Disorders Fellow
- Greek Council Faculty Appreciation Award, Trinity University
- Distinguished Achievement Award: Junior Faculty Teaching & Research, Trinity University
- Clinical Psychology
- Behavioral Medicine
- Directed Field Practicum
Department of Psychology
One Trinity Place
San Antonio, TX 78212
Law Enforcement Preferences for PTSD Treatment and Crisis Management Alternatives
Behaviour Research and Therapy 47 (2009) 245-253 (2009)
Evidence-based treatments (EBT) for posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD) remain underutilized. Analog research, however, indicates that patients may be more amenable ...
Use of empirically supported interventions for psychopathology: Can the participatory ...
Behaviour Research and Therapy 47 (2009) 265–274 (2009)
Dissemination, or distribution, of empirically-supported interventions (ESIs) for psychopathology remains a significant challenge. This paper reviews the principles of community-partnership ...
An Analogue Study of Patient Preferences for Exposure versus Alternative ...
Behaviour Research and Therapy 45 (2007) 2861–2873 doi:10.1016/j.brat.2007.05.006 (2007)
Although several efficacious treatments for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) exist, these treatments are currently underutilized in clinical practice. To address ...
Peer Facilitated Eating Disorder Prevention: A Randomized Effectiveness Trial of ...
Journal of Counseling Psychology, 2006, Vol. 53, No. 4, 550-555 (2006)
This study investigated the effectiveness of two interventions in reducing eating disorder risk factors under naturalistic conditions in sororities. Based ...
Exposure Utilization and Completion of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for PTSD ...
Faculty Publications, Department of Psychology (2005)
This study assessed rates of imaginal exposure therapy (ET) utilization and completion of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) for posttraumatic stress ...