|Present||Affiliated Faculty, Indiana University - Bloomington ‐ Vincent and Elinor Ostrom Workshop in Political Theory and Policy Analysis-|
|Present||Affiliated Faculty, Western Washington University ‐ Institute for Energy Studies, Huxley College of the Environment|
|Present||David Cole Professor of Entrepreneurship, Western Washington University ‐ College of Business and Economics|
|Present||Director, Western Washington University ‐ IDEA Institute|
Honors and Awards
- Innovation in Business Education, AACSB-Mid Continent East, Networks Professional Development Program, 3rd Place (October, 2010)
- Caleb Mills Distinguished Teaching Award, Indiana State University, Indiana State University’s Top Teaching Award. (2009)
- Innovation in Business Education, AACSB-Mid Continent East, Sycamore Business Advisors Program, 2nd Place. (October, 2008)
- Best Reviewer Award, Midwest Academy of Management, Professional Organization, Service. (October 2006)
- Best Paper Award, Midwest Academy of Management, Professional Organization, Research and Scholarship. (April 2004)
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, IU Kelley School of Business. (2000)
- Panschar Outstanding Associate Instructor of the Year, IU Kelley School of Business, Teaching. (1999)
- Teaching Excellence Recognition Award, IU Kelley School of Business, Teaching. (1999)
- MGMT 474: Topics in Management (aka, Foundations of Entrepreneurship and Innovation)
- ENTR 446: Advanced Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- ENTR 346: Intermediate Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- ENTR 246: Foundations in Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- ENTR 197: Exploring Entrepreneurship and Innovation
|2002||Ph.D., Indiana University - Bloomington ‐ Kelley School of Business, Business Policy (Strategy)/International Business|
|2000||M.S., Indiana University - Bloomington ‐ Kelley School of Business, Business|
|1997||MBA, Indiana University - Bloomington ‐ Kelley School of Business, Strategy/International Business|
|1991||BBA, University of Wisconsin - Madison ‐ School of Business (now Grainger)|
Refereed Journal Articles (12)
Looking for Trouble: Opportunity Identification in the Entrepreneurship Classroom
Experiential Entrepreneurship Exercises Journal (2017)
Opportunity identification is an important skill to develop in our entrepreneurship and innovation students and is often underdeveloped. This exercise ...
Four Stages to More Successful Knowledge Transfer Between Universities and ...
Entrepreneurial Executive (2011)
This article presents a framework for assessing and managing collaborative relationships between industry entrepreneurial firms and universities. Entrepreneurial decision makers ...
Knowledge Acquisition in University–Industry Alliances: An Empirical Investigation from ...
Journal of Product Innovation Management (2008)
A firm's technological knowledge base is the foundation on which internal product and process innovations are generated. However, technological knowledge ...