|Present||Associate Professor, Utah State University ‐ Instructional Technology and Learning Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- 2007-2008 - Teacher of the Year, Utah State University Department of Instructional Technology, as awarded by the Instructional Technology Student Association
- 2006 - Outstanding Reviewer, Educational Technology Research and Development (Research Section)
- 2003 - Outstanding Graduate, Utah State University Department of Instructional Technology
- 2002 - Senator of the Year, Utah State University Graduate Student Senate
- 2000-2001 - Research Assistant of the Year, Utah State University Department of Instructional Technology
- 2000-2001 - Presidential Fellowship, Utah State University School of Graduate Studies
Department of Instructional Technology
2830 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-2830
Designing for problem-based learning: A comparative study of technology professional ...
US-China Education Reivew B (2012)
Despite of much focus on professional development aimed specifically at developing teachers' technology integration skills, rigorous studies of effective PD ...
The Underutilization of Internet and Communication Technology-assisted Collaborative Project-Based Learning ...
Educational Technology Research and Development (2007)
This study explores the barriers associated with teachers implementing Internet and Communication Technology-assisted Collaborative Project-based Learning (ICTCPrjBL) as a classroom ...
Collaborative Information Filtering: A Review and an Educational Application
International Journal of Artificial Intelligence and Education (2004)
This paper reviews the literature surrounding an information filtering technique, collaborative information filtering, which supports the discovery of resources in ...
Supporting ‘Word-of-Mouth’ Social Networks through Collaborative Information Filtering
Journal of Interactive Learning Research (2003)
Altered Vista is an instructional system that supports a form of ‘contextual’ collaborative learning. Its design incorporates an information filtering ...
Integrating Technology and Problem-based Learning: A Mixed Methods Study of ...
Interdisciplinary Journal of Problem-Based Learning
This article describes two consecutive enactments of technology-oriented teacher professional development designs, aimed at helping teachers find high-quality online learning ...
Contributions to Books (6)
Contribution to Book
Experiences in the Field: The Evolution of a Teacher Technology ...
New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers, and Collaboration in Education (2010)
The New Science of Learning: Cognition, Computers and Collaboration in Education deftly explores the multiple relationships found among these critical ...
Contribution to Book
Reciprocal Mentoring "In the Wild": A Retrospective, Comparative Case Study ...
Effective Blended Learning Practices: Evidence-Based Perspectives in ICT- Facilitated Education (2009)
For teachers in the 21st century it is become critical that they develop the skills to be able to teach ...