|2015 ‐ Present||Affiliate, Institute for Interdisciplinary STEM Education, Georgia Southern University|
|2012 ‐ Present||Assistant Professor, Department of Psychology, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Georgia Southern University ‐ Department of Psychology|
Honors and Awards
- Department of Psychology Outstanding Undergraduate Research Paper, ASU (2000)
- Jack Bartlett Research Fellowship in Developmental Psychology, UM (2000)
- Jacob K. Goldhaber Graduate Travel Award, UM (2001)
- Society for Research in Child Development, Student Travel Award, 2005
- Department of Psychology, Graduate Travel Award, UM (2005, 2003)
- University Teaching and Learning Program, Distinguished Teaching Assistant, UM (2005)
- University Teaching and Learning Program, Undergraduate Instruction Certificate, UM (2005)
- NRSA, NICHD T32 Postdoctoral Fellowship in Developmental Science, UC (2005, 2006)
- NIH, University of Michigan Training Course in fMRI (2010)
- Postdoctoral Affiliate of the Cognitive Science Program, IU (2011)
- Member of the Graduate Faculty, GSU (2012-present)
- Recognized Reviewer, Personality and Individual Differences (2014)
- Recognized Reviewer, Journal of Experimental Child Psychology (2015)
- Certificate of Outstanding Contributing in Reviewing, Journal of Experimental Child Psychology (2015)
- Fellow of the Psychonomic Society (2016)
- Research Methods (GSU PSYC 3141)
- Senior Seminar: Social Cognitive Development (GSU PSYC 4630)
- Child Psychology (GSU PSYC 3331)
- Advanced Psychological Statistics (GSU PSYC 4131)
- Research Experience (GSU PSYC 3890)
- Directed Research (GSU PSYC 4832)
- Masters Theses (GSU PSYC 7999)
- Topics in Cognitive Development (UC - PSYC 32500)
- Introduction to Memory and Cognition (UMPC - PSYC 341)
- Introduction to Statistics (UMCP - PSYC 200)
- Adulthood and Aging (UMPC - PSYC 357)
- Introduction to Psychology (UMCP - PSYC 100)
P.O. Box 8041
Statesboro, GA 30460
Phone: (912) 478-7102
Office: Brannen Hall
Peer Reviewed Journal Articles (18)
Isolated Processing of Geometric Shapes and Their Corresponding Shape Words ...
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Human Perception and Performance (2016)
Some theorists propose a domain-specific cognitive system dedicated to processing geometric information, but existence of this system remains debatable because ...
Infants' Observation of Others' Actions: Brief Movement-Specific Visual Experience Primes ...
British Journal of Developmental Psychology (2016)
Recent research suggests that infants' observation of others' reaching actions activates corresponding motor representations which develop with their motor experience. ...
Adolescent Risk-Taking: Integrating Personal, Cognitive, and Social Aspects of Judgment
Journal of Applied Developmental Psychology (2009)
Developmental research has examined individual differences, cognitive developmental bases, and psychosocial factors of adolescent risk-taking. The current paper presents a ...
Peer Reviewed Conference Proceedings (6)
Elementary School Students' Quantitative Reasoning: Processing Whole Numbers and Proportions
American Educational Research Association Online Repository (2016)
Children have great difficulty reasoning about proportions, theoretically because familiar whole number principles do not apply to proportions. This study ...
Brief Familiarization Primes Covert Imitation in 9-Month-Old Infants
Proceedings of the 33rd Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (2011)
Previous research reveals that 9-month-old infants who passively observe an experimenter search repeatedly for a toy in the Piagetian A-not-B ...
Dissociating Ideomotor and Spatial Compatibility: Empirical Evidence and Connectionist Models
Proceedings of the 31st Annual Conference of the Cognitive Science Society (2009)
The tendency to imitate others is a fundamental social skill which could develop via associative learning or some more specialized ...