Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Women of the Year, Wasatch Branch, AAUW, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 9, 2016
- Honoree, Sundance Film Festival Utah Women’s Leadership Celebration (with Geena Davis). Park City, Utah, January 28, 2016.
- Honorable Mention, Community Legacy Award, Women Investing in Women, People Helping People, August, 2015
- Scholar of the Year, Woodbury School of Business, Utah Valley University, April 2015
- Women & Leadership Scholar Award from the International Leadership Association at the Annual Women and Leadership Affinity Group Luncheon on November 1, 2014
- Utah Valley Magazine’s Fabulous 40 recognized in March of 2014.
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch recognized on May 17, 2013 at a Utah Women’s Business Day Luncheon at the Grand America Hotel.
- Salt Lake Chamber Pathfinder Award awarded on November 14, 2012 at Women and Business Luncheon, Little America, Salt Lake City.
- The President’s Excellence Award for Leadership and Inclusion awarded on March 31, 2011 at Utah Valley University.
- The Leadership Trust Foundation Fellowship awarded and inducted on March 1, 2010 in Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
- Orin R. Woodbury Professorship of Leadership and Ethics, awarded July 2009 from the Woodbury School of Business and the Woodbury Family Trust
- MED Division Best Symposium in Management Education and Development, 2009, part of the “Developing Women Leadership in the Middle East: Generating Local Knowledge” session. Academy of Management.
- Editorial Board Member Appointment, Journal of Education for Business, Heldref Publications (January 2009-Present
- Runner-Up for Best ADHR Issue 2005-2007, Academy of Human Resource Development, Announced at the Annual Research Conference of the Americas, February 23, 2008, Panama City, Florida
- Early Career Scholar Award 2006, Academy of Human Resource Development
- Editorial Board Member Appointment, Advances in Developing Human Resources (ADHR) and Sage Publications (2006-Present).
- Editor’s Award for Best Paper, Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management for 2004-2005
- Executive Leadership Fellowship, 2005-2006, Utah Valley State Executive Leadership Forum
- Board of Trustees Award of Excellence, Utah Valley State College, 2004-2005
- Faculty Scholar of the Year Award, School of Business, Utah Valley State College, 2004-2005
- Service-Learning Engaged Scholar Award, Teaching Award, 2004-2005, Utah Campus Compact, awarded April 5, 2005
- Best Paper Award Nomination. Western Academy of Management Conference, 2005
- Academic Service-Learning Fellowship, Fall 2004, Utah Valley State College
- Outstanding Civic Engagement Award, Faculty Honoree, Teaching Award, 2002-2003
- Individual Action and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Leadership Theory and Application
|2001||Doctorate of Education in Work, Community and Family Education Specialization in Human Resource Development, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
|1991||Masters of Science in Teaching, Exercise Science/Fitness, Portland State University|
|1985||Bachelors of Arts, Major: Speech Communication Education; Minor: Physical Education, Brigham Young University|
800 West University Parkway, MS 119
Orem, UT 84058-5999
Gender Wage Gap and Unpaid Care Work in Utah (1)
Leading with impact in higher education: Strategies for current and ...
International Leadership Association Annual Conference (2017)
Institutions of higher education continue to experience significant challenges. Unfortunately, there remains a deficit in formal preparation for those assuming ...
Symposium: Gender and Leadership Research: Aspirations, Identity, Status, and Developmental ...
Women and Leadership Conference, International Leadership Association (2017)
This symposium is based on four chapters in the newly released Handbook of Research on Gender and Leadership. It offers ...