Honors and Awards
- Distinguished Women of the Year, Wasatch Branch, AAUW, Salt Lake City, Utah, May 9, 2016
- Honoree, Sundance Film Festival Utah Women’s Leadership Celebration (with Geena Davis). Park City, Utah, January 28, 2016.
- Honorable Mention, Community Legacy Award, Women Investing in Women, People Helping People, August, 2015
- Scholar of the Year, Woodbury School of Business, Utah Valley University, April 2015
- Women & Leadership Scholar Award from the International Leadership Association at the Annual Women and Leadership Affinity Group Luncheon on November 1, 2014
- Utah Valley Magazine’s Fabulous 40 recognized in March of 2014.
- Utah Business Magazine’s 30 Women to Watch recognized on May 17, 2013 at a Utah Women’s Business Day Luncheon at the Grand America Hotel.
- Salt Lake Chamber Pathfinder Award awarded on November 14, 2012 at Women and Business Luncheon, Little America, Salt Lake City.
- The President’s Excellence Award for Leadership and Inclusion awarded on March 31, 2011 at Utah Valley University.
- The Leadership Trust Foundation Fellowship awarded and inducted on March 1, 2010 in Ross-on-Wye, United Kingdom
- Orin R. Woodbury Professorship of Leadership and Ethics, awarded July 2009 from the Woodbury School of Business and the Woodbury Family Trust
- MED Division Best Symposium in Management Education and Development, 2009, part of the “Developing Women Leadership in the Middle East: Generating Local Knowledge” session. Academy of Management.
- Editorial Board Member Appointment, Journal of Education for Business, Heldref Publications (January 2009-Present
- Runner-Up for Best ADHR Issue 2005-2007, Academy of Human Resource Development, Announced at the Annual Research Conference of the Americas, February 23, 2008, Panama City, Florida
- Early Career Scholar Award 2006, Academy of Human Resource Development
- Editorial Board Member Appointment, Advances in Developing Human Resources (ADHR) and Sage Publications (2006-Present).
- Editor’s Award for Best Paper, Journal of Behavioral and Applied Management for 2004-2005
- Executive Leadership Fellowship, 2005-2006, Utah Valley State Executive Leadership Forum
- Board of Trustees Award of Excellence, Utah Valley State College, 2004-2005
- Faculty Scholar of the Year Award, School of Business, Utah Valley State College, 2004-2005
- Service-Learning Engaged Scholar Award, Teaching Award, 2004-2005, Utah Campus Compact, awarded April 5, 2005
- Best Paper Award Nomination. Western Academy of Management Conference, 2005
- Academic Service-Learning Fellowship, Fall 2004, Utah Valley State College
- Outstanding Civic Engagement Award, Faculty Honoree, Teaching Award, 2002-2003
- Individual Action and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Leadership Theory and Application
|2001||Doctorate of Education in Work, Community and Family Education Specialization in Human Resource Development, University of Minnesota - Twin Cities|
|1991||Masters of Science in Teaching, Exercise Science/Fitness, Portland State University|
|1985||Bachelors of Arts, Major: Speech Communication Education; Minor: Physical Education, Brigham Young University|
800 West University Parkway, MS 119
Orem, UT 84058-5999