|Present||Director, Nabakrushna Choudhury Centre for Development Studies, Bhubaneswar|
|Present||Professor (on leave), Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai|
Development Studies (Agriculture, Rural Development, Public Health)
Honors and Awards
- Subir Chowdhury Fellow on Quality and Economics 2013-14, London School of Economics and Political Science
- Received third prize and was a finalist for the Global Development Awards and Medals Competition for the proposal ‘Inclusiveness of Human Development in India’ (with Hippu Salk Kristle Nathan) at the 14th Annual Global Development Conference, 19-21 June 2013, Manila.
- Invited to the International Visitor Leadership Program (IVLP), under the theme Food Security and Sustainable Development, United States of America, May 2011.
- Member, Committe on Unorganized Sector Statistics, National Statistical Commission, Government of India, 2012.
- Member, Task Force on Credit Related Issues of Farmers, Government of India, 2009.
- Coordinator and Member, Drafting Committee and Permanent Invitee, Expert Group on Agricultural Indebtedness, Government of India, 2007.
- Invited to deliver keynote addresses at the at the annual conferences of (i) the Bengal Economic Association, 2012, (ii) the Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, 2007 (iii) the Indian Society of Agricultural Marketing, 2007 and (iv) the Orissa Economic Association, 2007.
- Member, Working Group to Suggest Measures to Assist Distressed Farmers, Reserve Bank of India, 2006.
- Contemporary Issues in Human Development and Policy
- Silever Jubilee Conference on Human Development
- AIEFS Biennial Meeting of 2013 at IGIDR
- Policy Options and Investment Priorities for Accelerating Agricultural Growth in India
- Strengthening the Role of Agriculture for Nutrition Secure India
- Quantitative Approaches to Public Policy
Human Development (40)
Measuring the prevalence of chronic disease using population surveys: pooling ...
International Journal of Public Health (2013)
Objectives: Measuring disease prevalence poses challenges in countries where information systems are poorly developed. Population surveys soliciting information on self-reported ...