|Present||Associate Professor, Utah State University ‐ Quinney College of Natural Resources, Watershed Sciences|
Honors and Awards
- Invited Scholar to Dissertation Initiative for Climate Change Research (DISCCRS), 2010
- Invited Next Generation Project Fellow (Terry Tempest Williams’ environmental leadership program), 2007 – 2009
- EPA STAR Fellow, 2005-2008
- American Water Resources Association’s William R. Boggess Award (best paper), 2006
- Geography Graduate Group block grant award, 2002 – 2003, 2004 – 2005
- U.C. Davis’ Universal Award Scholarship, 2001-2002
|2008||Ph.D., University of California, Davis ‐ Geography|
|2003||M.A., University of California, Davis ‐ Geography|
|1998||B.A., University of California, Los Angeles ‐ International Economics|
Department of Watershed Sciences Utah State University
5210 Old Main Hill, NR 210 Logan, UT. 84322-5210
Assessing Downstream Aquatic Habitat Availability Relative to Headwater Reservoir Management ...
River Research and Applications (2023)
Reservoirs are sometimes managed to meet agricultural and other water demands, while also maintaining streamflow for aquatic species and ecosystems. ...
Storing Water for the Environment: Operating Reservoirs to Improve California ...
Watershed Sciences Faculty Publications (2022)
California’s freshwater ecosystems—its lakes, rivers, floodplains, meadows, natural and managed wetlands, and estuaries—are a vital part of the state’s natural ...
Featured Works (28)
Prioritizing Stream Barrier Removal to Maximize Connected Aquatic Habitat and ...
Journal of the American Water Resources Association (2019)
Instream barriers, such as dams, culverts, and diversions, alter hydrologic processes and aquatic habitat. Removing uneconomical and aging instream barriers ...
Dissolved Oxygen, Stream Temperature, and Fish Habitat Response to Environmental ...
Journal of Environmental Management (2017)
Environmental water purchases are increasingly used for ecological protection. In Nevada's Walker Basin (western USA), environmental water purchases augment streamflow ...