Pediatric Narcolepsy, Pediatric Insomnia, Niemann-Pick Type C1 (NPC1) Disease, Autism, Chiari Malformation, July 2016 to current, Key Opinion Leader, for Study 364 for Long-term, open-label, Phase III trial of ESL (eslicarbazepine acetate) _Aptiom in children and adolescents (4–17 years) with Partial Onset Seizures. Ltd.Sunovion Pharmaceuticals Inc. Contact person: Romy Nocera PhD Director, Medical Science Liaison Sunovion Pharmaceuticals, and Vtesse VTS301 Study. Prospective, Randomized, Double-Blind, Sham-Controlled Trial of 2-hydroxypropyl-β-cyclodextrin (HP-β-CD) in Subjects with Neurologic Manifestations of Niemann-Pick Type C1 (NPC1) Disease. CTI Clinical Trial & Consulting Services.
Honors and Awards
- August 2016 - The FAAN. application was approved by the Member Application Review Subcommittee, AAN Executive Committee, and the Board of Directors inrecognition of national contributions to the Academy and to the neurology community)
- June 2016 - Certificate of appreciation for educating SELECT students for the Academic year 2015-2016 Morsani College of Medicine University of South Florida
- March 2016 - Lehigh Valley Health Network Service Star Nominees for Niemann-Pick Type C1 (NPC1) Disease Research project for the contribution to the community in Allentown, PA
- May 2003 - Outstanding Performance in First Year Pediatric Residency, Tod Children's Hospital
- 1988-1994 - Honor Student in Physiology, Anatomy Pharmacology and Public Health at the School of Medicine, Alexandria, Egypt
- 2016 Best Sleep Fragment Award.
- May 22nd, 2017, Dr. Sameh S. Morkous, MD, was presented with the Best Sleep Fragment award from the American Thoracic Society for his article titled: “A 5-year-old who is flickering her fingers while falling asleep