Honors and Awards
- 2007 - Utah Department of Environmental Quality, Utah Water Quality Board Recognition
- 2005 - American Water Resources Association, Utah Chapter
- 2003 - Major advisor for National Winner (Kevin Hall) for Posters on the Hill (Washington, DC)
- 2002 - Phi Kappa Phi, Faculty Induction, Utah State University
- 1998 - Plenary Speaker, U.S. EPA Regions 7&8 Hazardous Substance Research Center 13th Annual Meeting
- 1995 - Karen Morehouse Best Research Paper Award, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Great Plains/Rocky Mountain Hazardous Substance Research Center
- 1993 - Utah Governor's Medal for Science and Technology, Salt Lake City, UT
- 1993 - Invited Speaker, Ritchey Science Lecture Series, Weber State University, Ogden, UT
- 1990 - Air & Waste Management Association (AWMA) Award from the A&WMA Critical Review Committee: Presentation of the 1990 Critical Review, "Soil Remediation Techniques at Uncontrolled Hazardous Waste Sites," published in the Society Journal and presented at the 1990 National Meeting of the AWMA
- 1989 - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency recognition for contributions as a visiting engineer (1989) Robert S. Kerr Environmental Research Laboratory, Ada, OK
- 1987 - Outstanding Researcher Award, College of Engineering, Utah State University
- 1990-1995 - Awards from Union Carbide Corporation, Research and Development Department, for recognition and continued support of excellence in research in the area of polyaromatic hydrocarbon degradation and transport in soil
- 1986 - American Water Works Association Certificate of Recognition for serving as Major Advisor to 1985 National Academic Achievement Award Recipient for Outstanding Research in the Water Treatment Field
- 1981 - Alpha Epsilon (Agricultural Engineering Honorary Society)
- 1981 - Gamma Sigma Delta (Agriculture Honorary Society)
- 1973 - Certificate of Recognition from UNC-Chapel Hill for Leadership (as Director) of International Programs in Environmental Aspects of Industrial Development
- 1972 - Sigma Xi (Research Honorary Society)
- 1972 - Delta Omega (Public Health Honorary Society)
- 1972 - Outstanding Graduate Student Award, Department of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- 1972 - Environmental Protection Agency Traineeship Award, 5T2-WP-173-03, School of Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC1971-1972
Biological Engineering Department
Utah State University
4105 Old Main Hill
Logan, UT 84322-4105
Lab Contact Info:
SER 113 and 117
Qualitative Analysis of Microbial Dynamics during Anaerobic Digestion of Microalgal ...
International Journal of Microbiology (2017)
Anaerobic digestion (AD) is a microbiologically coordinated process with dynamic relationships between bacterial players. Current understanding of dynamic changes in ...
Fate and Behavior of Lead in Soils Planted with Metal-resistant ...
Journal of Environmental Quality (2000)
Phytoremediation of metal-contaminated soils requires an understanding of the interactions between metal-tolerant plant species and soil chemical properties controlling the ...